rofl...what happened to the workshop?

Started by
10 comments, last by JWalsh 12 years, 9 months ago
Lol I decided to check in to see how the workshop is doing, figuring it's probably at week 9 or 10 or something. Anyways, I see it stopped at week 3. What the hell? lol ohmy.gif

Another failed workshop? ohmy.gif
They hated on Jeezus, so you think I give a f***?!
Advertisement
Not failed, just slower moving than planned. cool.gif

Real Life has a way of screwing up plans.

Former Microsoft XNA and Xbox MVP | Check out my blog for random ramblings on game development

Actually I glad real life happened to him. Because it's happened to me too :mellow:

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

In cases like this a slower workshop is better than a faster one, especially in the beginning. It gives folks time to get familiar with the core subjects and not feel so overwhelmed by it. I know it's been useful for me with my full time programming job.
This is actually pretty excellent. I'm gonna try to take this up in the next couple of days and get to Week 3 before the Workshop continues.
So as you've all noticed by now, the workshop became defunct some time in March/April.

I became super busy with a ton of personal/family issues, all of which prevented me from doing anything in the online space.

But, summer is here and I'm much less overwhelmed now. So I'll be posting the remaining weeks of the workshop starting next Week, on July 5th. I understand there's far fewer followers now than when we began, but alas, things happen some times. Anyone interested in participating and following along is welcome to.

Cheers!
Jeromy
Jeromy Walsh
Sr. Tools & Engine Programmer | Software Engineer
Microsoft Windows Phone Team
Chronicles of Elyria (An In-development MMORPG)
GameDevelopedia.com - Blog & Tutorials
GDNet Mentoring: XNA Workshop | C# Workshop | C++ Workshop
"The question is not how far, the question is do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far as is needed?" - Il Duche, Boondock Saints
Perhaps an email to all the folks that signed up on your blog? I'm sure there are some that stopped following it that would be interested if they knew it had started back up.
Yeah, I'll tweet about it today, post a note on my blog, and then send an email tonight. I don't have access to my email database remotely.

Thanks for the suggestion. It's a good idea.
Jeromy Walsh
"The question is not how far, the question is do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far as is needed?" - Il Duche, Boondock Saints

Yeah, I'll tweet about it today, post a note on my blog, and then send an email tonight. I don't have access to my email database remotely.

J, Send me a copy of the update via PM as well when the workshop resumes. I'll come up with something to make it better known on the site that the workshop is continuing as well.

[quote name='JWalsh' timestamp='1309285613' post='4828784']

J, Send me a copy of the update via PM as well when the workshop resumes. I'll come up with something to make it better known on the site that the workshop is continuing as well.
[/quote]

Thanks, Michael. I'll throw something together over the long weekend. Since most people will be out of town this weekend, etc... we'll resume the following week. That also gives us plenty of time to get the word out.

Cheers!
Jeromy Walsh

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement