Hedron Online

Started by
5 comments, last by FXACE 12 years, 9 months ago
This is a wide screenshot of one of the islands in the kingdom vs kingdom area of the game world.

I decided to create Hedron Online after years of fruitless searching for an online game that offered the community and enjoyment that older games offered. I have been actively gaming online for 15 years and gaming in general since the days of the Atari, VIC 20, Commadore 64, etc. I've had several ideas, likes, and dislikes in my years and decided to put them into play with Hedron Online. The goal of this project is to create something fun to satisfy other gamers (and I've met quite a few) like myself who play an online game for a few months, grow bored with it, move on to the next, and so forth; for the gamers who play a specific game just because they can't seem to find anything else that delivers what older games used to. Hedron Online will be heavily community oriented with old school online gaming features mixed with current gaming features sprinkled with some new, ambitious, outside the box features.

It has been a difficult road wading through the muck of indie development as finding truly serious team members who understand the heavy work and time consuming dedication required to develop a game is one of the most difficult tasks. It's not so much the problem of non-payment upfront, but truly a misunderstanding of the game development world. I've learned that in the dark depths of indie game development there seem to be two types of people: Those who love to share enthusiastic ideas but when it comes down to the nitty gritty they disappear...and those extremely rare diamonds in the rough who are truly passionate about their skills and ready to dig their heels in the dirt and stick around for the bugs, problems, disagreements, and real life situations that throw a wrench in things, as well as the awesome feeling of seeing the work they contribute come together. I'm still in search of a few diamonds as the revolving door of an indie team still remains with us. But the project moves forward no matter how many come and go.

You can find more information including videos, screenshots, and game info at our website (which includes links to our facebook, twitter, youtube, and blog):
www.hedrononline.com

Click here to view the iotd
Advertisement
I like the sound of this. I too have been programming and gaming since the days of owning a VIC20 :cool: .

That bright blue building is sure to turn a few heads!
"In order to understand recursion, you must first understand recursion."
My website dedicated to sorting algorithms
Looks really nice. Some of the screenshot on your website are even better.

I will track your progress. Keep up the work!

L.
--
aXon @ StudioEvil
http://www.studioevil.com
http://www.facebook.com/studioevil
--
the graphics engine looks pretty good, but I think that the art direction could use some work. A lot of the textures lack large-scale detail. Perhaps you could implement a traditional terrain color map + detail texture to improve the look of the demo.
It looks nice so far. I think you could make things look a lot better with a more sophisticated ambient lighting term. Even a simple hemispherical model would help a lot, since it right now the objects that are in shadow look completely flat.
Good job!
Nice job. How much time you spent on creating that? Try to add ambient occlusion effect it would be much better:)...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement