GameDev.net 2012

Started by
123 comments, last by Gaiiden 12 years, 2 months ago

[quote name='Alpha_ProgDes' timestamp='1325774329' post='4899944']
Can the info about the thread: Started by, Forum Name be highlighted some other color than gray. It's hard to see. Plus I liked it when the that information was more in tablular format. Such as: Thread Name, Forum, Last Post Date/Last Poster. Much easier to read.

I'm referring to the New Content page, by the way.

Any thoughts on this request, Mike?
[/quote]

We'll be keeping this in the default style

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

Advertisement
My eyes are sad. Thank you Gaiiden .... :(

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

[quote name='rip-off' timestamp='1325777916' post='4899966'] Also, didn't we have https at one stage (if maybe briefly)? It doesn't seem to work anymore...
This is fixed now [/quote]
I appreciate the attempt, but this is only superficially fixed. The most important aspect, the login form, still uses HTTP regardless of whether it was loaded over HTTPS.

More generally, the site seems a little schizophrenic about whether it generates HTTP or HTTPS links. For example, the top menu buttons respect the current encryption state (being relative links), but linking to topics downgrades to HTTP (absolute links including protocol).

HTTPS for the entire session would be perfect. Forcing HTTPS just for the login form would be great. I know you guys are busy, so I won't push for either of these. However, HTTPS that cannot protect my login seems a little odd.

Forcing HTTPS just for the login form would be great. I know you guys are busy, so I won't push for either of these. However, HTTPS that cannot protect my login seems a little odd.

Sounds like good reasoning. Done.

[quote name='rip-off' timestamp='1326587814' post='4902818']
Forcing HTTPS just for the login form would be great. I know you guys are busy, so I won't push for either of these. However, HTTPS that cannot protect my login seems a little odd.

Sounds like good reasoning. Done.
[/quote]
Seems to work great now, thanks!
Liking the site a lot more now, seems all my bugs / pet peeves got fixed up, so good job!

Bugs/errors: hovering over the advanced search icon displays a blank blue box, seems like an error to me.

Patched that up

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

I just got to the site and got a message saying that public.gamedev.net:443 has an invalid security certificate. Using FF 9.0.1 and Win 7.

I just got to the site and got a message saying that public.gamedev.net:443 has an invalid security certificate. Using FF 9.0.1 and Win 7.

We're on it, thanks for the report.
Well in case you thought you fixed the cert problem, it's back again.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement