The gist of this is that you have 72 hours from when the theme is announced to make a game. You can use whatever libraries you want, whatever tools you want, whatever languages you want for whatever platform you want ... the idea is to just build a game within 72 hours utilizing the theme.
If your game has external dependencies to run, then please link to them from their source website so that judges can download them. Provide instructions so that people can play your game!
Time and Date
The theme will be announced shortly after midnight, Friday morning CST (May 25, 00:01 GMT-6). The contest will end at midnight, Sunday night, CST (May 27, 23:59 GMT-6). This provides a 72 hour window, so no matter what time zone you're in you'll have a full two days to make a game.
This Contest's Theme
Below the thunders of the upper deep;
Far far beneath in the abysmal sea,
His ancient, dreamless, uninvaded sleep
The Kraken sleepeth: faintest sunlights flee
About his shadowy sides; above him swell
Huge sponges of millennial growth and height;
And far away into the sickly light,
From many a wondrous grot and secret cell
Unnumber'd and enormous polypi
Winnow with giant arms the slumbering green.
There hath he lain for ages, and will lie
Battening upon huge seaworms in his sleep,
Until the latter fire shall heat the deep;
Then once by man and angels to be seen,
In roaring he shall rise and on the surface die.
- Alfred Tennyson, 1830
- "U Can't Touch This" - http://www.gamedev.n...ost__p__4807410
- "Sticky!" - http://www.gamedev.n...nners-announced
Points are evenly distributed between the bullets, so with a '10' being kick ass, each category gets up to 2.5 points.
- First Time User Experience - How easy it is for the player to get rolling with your game. Covers installation and communication with the player on how to play the game.
- Graphics & Audio - Pretty straight forward, do the visuals and sound contribute to or detract from the game?
- Theme - How integral is the contest's theme with the game?
- Fun Factor - Is it an enjoyable gaming experience?
- $75 Amazon gift card
- The game of your choice on Steam! ($60US or less)
- A fun gadget from Think Geek
- Servant of the Lord
- Major Tom
Edited by zer0wolf, 25 May 2012 - 11:55 AM.