Looking for Articles

Started by
1 comment, last by slayemin 11 years, 7 months ago
Hey there people at GameDev,

First off I want to say I'm not really sure where I should put this topic, so I have put it in the "For Beginners" if an admin wants to move it that's fine.

I'm going to be starting my final year project soon and I'm looking for some articles, My project is going to be a 2d top down multiplayer game that is easy to use and can be played multiplayer without a problem, now I'm thinking a mobile platform will be the best, but I want to research a lot of platforms, such as Android, IOS, Windows, Apple etc, I'm just looking for articles about what games should be made on what platform, what Android has to offer that Windows or other platforms may not, or a platform may offer then another platform, also game articles that related to 2d rpg games on any platform, any article about how different a desktop architecture is compared to a mobile device architecture.

Yes I will be searching for articles myself, but I just wanted to ask people here if they have read any recently and know a lot of articles about these subjects, just paste any links you think will help.

Thank you for reading and hopefully posting :)

Canvas
Advertisement
I don't know any article but I want to comment on this tongue.png

Your final project, are you allowed to use any platform you want?

- If you want to get some profits of your game you should go for Andriod of IOS. You can bring out your game for free on that platform and when someone buys your game you get a part of it. But don't copy an existing game so first have a look what games are already available on those platforms.

- If you don't care about money this school project you can try Windows. Visual studio 2012 is a software created to write games. (VS 2012 Express is free).
But you can't make your game commercial with the free or student versions. But this platform is very good. I'm studying Game Development (Digital Arts & Entertainment) and we all need to use Visual studio C++ for our game. Because C++ has no limits and you can make a game with it really fast.

That's all I can tell sleep.png I've never programmed on Apple, Android, IOS before. ( This year I'm starting with Android ) so I can't really say allot about those platforms.

~EngineProgrammer
(someone correct me if I'm wrong) If you want to develop for apple products, you'll have to buy an apple computer and run objective C.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement