PS3 or XBOX 360....?

Started by
64 comments, last by ManuelMarino 11 years, 4 months ago

If I had to pick between a 360, PS3, and WiiU, I'd probably pick a WiiU. I'm a Nintendo fan. But if I'm waiting for the latest and greatest, then I wouldn't get a WiiU.

After the Wii, I think I'm done with Nintendo. What a disappointment that was.
Advertisement
I'm personally waiting for info on the "720", hoping that its Backwards compatible all the way back to Xbox "1". If its not, I'll get a 360 when it goes down in price more.
Otherwise, I will wait for the "720". To me, Nintendo died after the N64, yet, I got the GameCube. After that, no more, ever. I'm not confident that the PS4 will be BC with PS3 games...so a PS3 might be in my future, when its at like $100 or so.

Get the one that has the games you want to play with.

I'm personally waiting for info on the "720", hoping that its Backwards compatible all the way back to Xbox "1". If its not, I'll get a 360 when it goes down in price more.
Otherwise, I will wait for the "720". To me, Nintendo died after the N64, yet, I got the GameCube. After that, no more, ever. I'm not confident that the PS4 will be BC with PS3 games...so a PS3 might be in my future, when its at like $100 or so.

Get the one that has the games you want to play with.

i'd be more worried about it being backwards compatible with the 360, i'm sure with being two generations ahead, emulating the original xbox well probably be nothing for the
"720".

personally, I own both, and the ps3 collects dust, all my friends have 360's, and the online is by far leagues ahead of the PSN, 60$ a year is pretty much nothing(and as noted above, it's not hard to find some deals on them), and i've always felt like i get my money's worth.

at the end of the day, if you can do the online stuff, i'd recommend you should choose the console your friends are playing.

of course i'd also recommend waiting a year, and getting the next gen, but a year's a still a good bit of time, and anyone with a day job well tell you neither console is terrible expensive these days.
Check out https://www.facebook.com/LiquidGames for some great games made by me on the Playstation Mobile market.

i'd be more worried about it being backwards compatible with the 360, i'm sure with being two generations ahead, emulating the original xbox well probably be nothing for the
"720".

Well, by rumors only, so take with a big grain of salt...the leaked 720 hardware paper of what MS wants or wanted the 720 to have stated that It would have the same CPU+GPU as the 360, among the new stuff. Only a rumor! Just saying that I can wait for confirmation. I'm actually spending my gaming time on old PS2 games atm, as I just bought a Slim. And PC/MMO.

[quote name='Alpha_ProgDes' timestamp='1352245088' post='4998257']
If I had to pick between a 360, PS3, and WiiU, I'd probably pick a WiiU. I'm a Nintendo fan. But if I'm waiting for the latest and greatest, then I wouldn't get a WiiU.

After the Wii, I think I'm done with Nintendo. What a disappointment that was.
[/quote]They've gone with gimmicks the last few years to push game design rather than compete with tech specs. The Wii remote was just a working Power Glove in the form of a remote control, and as with the Power Glove, it gets irritating to play a game like that after a while. (I do not love the Power Glove... And Just Dance made me hate it.)

I won't knock the Wii for its store shelves game library, though. I thought the same for all three systems: The best game library for Wii, Xbox 360, and PS3 is downloadable from each respective online store. On Wii, it was awesome, because you had all these great games on Virtual Console that you either had or missed as a kid. There was also WiiWare, but I didn't really care. Basically, I could've done without Wii if it's just a console that downloads and plays old ROMs for me. On 360, it was awesome, because you had all these great games and it was really great for Indies as well as bigger names. On PS3, um... well there's Flower, that game is pretty cool for a while, and its Netflix app has that "play entire series" thing.... So Wii and Xbox 360, that combination seemed to be best for the last few years, I guess. rolleyes.gif

[quote name='slicer4ever' timestamp='1352299449' post='4998420']
i'd be more worried about it being backwards compatible with the 360, i'm sure with being two generations ahead, emulating the original xbox well probably be nothing for the "720".
Well, by rumors only, so take with a big grain of salt...the leaked 720 hardware paper of what MS wants or wanted the 720 to have stated that It would have the same CPU+GPU as the 360, among the new stuff. Only a rumor! Just saying that I can wait for confirmation. I'm actually spending my gaming time on old PS2 games atm, as I just bought a Slim. And PC/MMO.[/quote]Yes, the rumour is that the "720" will have new hardware, but also contain the CPU/GPU from the 'slim 360', which would make it pretty powerful (albeit confusing hybrid, like the PS3's PPU+SPUs+RSX) for native titles, and allow perfect emulation of 360 titles.

There's also another rumour that MS will soon launch an official 360 software emulator for Windows 8, which will allow any moderately powerful Win8 machine to play 360 games.

[quote name='DavidGArce1337' timestamp='1352399851' post='4998967']
[quote name='slicer4ever' timestamp='1352299449' post='4998420']
i'd be more worried about it being backwards compatible with the 360, i'm sure with being two generations ahead, emulating the original xbox well probably be nothing for the "720".
Well, by rumors only, so take with a big grain of salt...the leaked 720 hardware paper of what MS wants or wanted the 720 to have stated that It would have the same CPU+GPU as the 360, among the new stuff. Only a rumor! Just saying that I can wait for confirmation. I'm actually spending my gaming time on old PS2 games atm, as I just bought a Slim. And PC/MMO.[/quote]Yes, the rumour is that the "720" will have new hardware, but also contain the CPU/GPU from the 'slim 360', which would make it pretty powerful (albeit confusing hybrid, like the PS3's PPU+SPUs+RSX) for native titles, and allow perfect emulation of 360 titles.

There's also another rumour that MS will soon launch an official 360 software emulator for Windows 8, which will allow any moderately powerful Win8 machine to play 360 games.
[/quote]

Halo 4 with a mouse = zomg

-Mark the Artist

Digital Art and Technical Design
Developer Journal

Halo 4 with a mouse = zomg

A reason why FPS games on a console never made sense to me.

[quote name='Prinz Eugn' timestamp='1352487726' post='4999387']Halo 4 with a mouse = zomg

A reason why FPS games on a console never made sense to me.
[/quote]
Really?, out of all the genre's, i think fps's probably fit the dual analog controller scheme best. This is not to say mouse/keyboard isn't superior, just that fps's work decently well with such a controller setup imo.
Check out https://www.facebook.com/LiquidGames for some great games made by me on the Playstation Mobile market.

Really?, out of all the genre's, i think fps's probably fit the dual analog controller scheme best. This is not to say mouse/keyboard isn't superior, just that fps's work decently well with such a controller setup imo.

I think it depends on the focus of the FPS. Accuracy tends to struggle somewhat on dual analogue, but movement excels. Depends on what the game stresses I suppose. Counterstrike isn't that great on dual analogue, but Natural Selection 2 would probably be awesome on it.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement