starting over

Started by
17 comments, last by 3Ddreamer 11 years, 5 months ago
I have worked with C++ and C#. I also have experience with Direct X, OpenGL and Win32.I am reevaluating my past programming history. I would like to know where should I go from here.
Advertisement
Make some video games.
ok but using what method?
Make some simple video games for a while, refining them each before moving to the next. Get some critique here by posting your code when you get stuck or are near completion.

Clinton

Personal life and your private thoughts always effect your career. Research is the intellectual backbone of game development and the first order. Version Control is crucial for full management of applications and software. The better the workflow pipeline, then the greater the potential output for a quality game. Completing projects is the last but finest order.

by Clinton, 3Ddreamer

what is a very simple game to start with?
tic-tac-toe.

In time the project grows, the ignorance of its devs it shows, with many a convoluted function, it plunges into deep compunction, the price of failure is high, Washu's mirth is nigh.

what language should I use ?

what language should I use ?

It doesn't matter. Pick one you're comfortable with and get to work on your game.
I have already worked on a tic tac toe game using console application in c++.I am almost finished,how do I post it to this site?

I have already worked on a tic tac toe game using console application in c++.I am almost finished,how do I post it to this site?

What do you hope to accomplish by posting your game here? Can you accomplish it by posting your game somewhere else and telling us where to find it?

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement