• Create Account

Banner advertising on our site currently available from just $5!

1. Learn about the promo. 2. Sign up for GDNet+. 3. Set up your advert!

to win32 or not to win32...

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 YodaTheCoder   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 15 October 2001 - 03:20 PM

HI! I''ve recently began programming in openGL (well, im new to all the functions and stuff, but I get the general Idea), and was wondering something: If I am to become a professional game writer, should I learn win32? Since the obvious answer to this is ''yes, you stupid newbie'', then where can I get some beginner tutorials? Ive looked everywhere, and they just dive right in. (Very annoying, yes).... If ya don''t mind helpin''... THANKS!! ~Jesse

Sponsor:

#2 draqza   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 15 October 2001 - 03:36 PM

You can check on my site, http://www20.brinkster.com/draqza for basic win32 programming. You might want to avoid the file tutorials for right now, as someone brought it to my attention that there''s a huge error in them. Also check the windows game programming primer, in the articles section here on GDNet.

#3 Arild Fines   Members   -  Reputation: 968

Posted 15 October 2001 - 04:37 PM

http://www.winprog.org/tutorial/

"A society without religion is like a crazed psychopath without a loaded .45"

#4 Sebbi   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 16 October 2001 - 11:48 PM

You can look it up in the great book "Programming Windows Fifth Edition" by Charles Petzold !

It costs ~$60 and is really great for beginners in win32 !

(If you do not have the money to buy it ... ebook & Filesharing are the catchwords !)

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS