Why yes Timmy, US should pull out of South Korea

Started by
51 comments, last by Hodgman 11 years ago
@ysg: If you think that the US has (and wishes to maintain) a foothold in Asia for any other reason than strategic interests then you have a very simplistic understanding of global politics and an embarrassing lack of historical awareness. They're not just going to pick up their ball and go home just because someone calls them names, any more than China is going to just hand the entire country over to the US.
Advertisement

And most of us here have owned at least 1 or 2 Samsung products in our lives.

It's also worth noting that even if you don't own their end products, they also make a whole load of hardware (screens, CPU/GPUs, RAM) for their competitors too.

http://erebusrpg.sourceforge.net/ - Erebus, Open Source RPG for Windows/Linux/Android
http://conquests.sourceforge.net/ - Conquests, Open Source Civ-like Game for Windows/Linux

So the result is that www.gamedev.net/user/208735-ysg has no meaning.

I guess that was obvious from the start.

Ignorant people are ignorant, indeed.

L. Spiro

I restore Nintendo 64 video-game OST’s into HD! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCtX_wedtZ5BoyQBXEhnVZw/playlists?view=1&sort=lad&flow=grid

Al Quaida has been very quiet of late, did you wonder why? Think they give up? Unlikely.

It is more likely that they are preparing, placing sleepers, and waiting for a good opportunity. It is not entirely impossible that Al Quaida will "help" Kim with a few well-placed terror strikes the moment war breaks out. My enemy's enemy is my ally, you know.

LOL, just because the media aren't talking about things doesn't mean it isn't getting discussed, I don't know about the US but in UK, even though the media would like to spend all its effort whining about the EU / Immigration, terrorism is a huge topic in Whitehall, and unlike the media the MPs in Whitehall have no choice but to go in thorough detail, for anything to be taken serious (unless it affects the security and safety of people; civilian or otherwise).

I think most first world countries have an open public access to discussions in their government, even if you spent one day watching you will have heard enough to put you off reading anything the media says.

TLDR: Al Qaida and terrorism gets discussed often, just not enough for the media to consider it 'sellable', even Burma wasn't enough a hot topic for the media. My point is, if you want to know what the people in charge are talking about, watch them talk about it online. Politics isn't as ugly as conspiracy vids may have you believe ;)

South Korea might spend more on defense, but gross spending isn't a very good measure of military capability given the rather different nature of the state and economy in North Korea. The South would probably win in any engagement, but would be pretty devastated in any conflict, considering how far the North would be able to push before being repelled. And that's ignoring any nuclear capability.

In general, the global economy is too integrated at this point for this libertarian-styled isolationism to not have major domestic impacts.

-Mark the Artist

Digital Art and Technical Design
Developer Journal

lol, politics

Al Quaida has been very quiet of late, did you wonder why? Think they give up? Unlikely.
It is more likely that they are preparing...

Maybe because there is no organization with that name. 'Al quaida' is the name of a category that *we* invented, not some super secret and organized global terror system (that idea was used to sell the GWOT, but sad I know, it doesn't exist). Any Islamic fundamentalist, regardless of their connections or intentions, is "Al Quada" as far as our intelligence services are concerned. When the media reports about "al quaida spokesmen" or "al quaida leader", these people are always connected to some specific group ("the brotherhood of lonely beards", etc), but there's too many too keep up with, so we just call them all the same thing, which incidentally makes them seem a whole lot scarier...

@ysg, either your young or your trolling....

I would like to see the elimination of Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security

You have got to be kidding me, do you realize how many people live on just the funds they get from that? Do you even know what it means to have to live off of just 800+ dollars a month in the US? You sound like a rich kid who doesn't have to worry about money, NOW...

******************************************************************************************
Youtube Channel

You have got to be kidding me, do you realize how many people live on just the funds they get from that?

I don't really care.

Do you even know what it means to have to live off of just 800+ dollars a month in the US?

Yes, for a family of 4, where none of them spoke English is like. Oh wait, that was me during the early 90's.

You sound like a rich kid who doesn't have to worry about money, NOW...

Get bent.

I say ditch SK as a first start and then withdraw from other nations in order to reduce international US military presence and I get called a racist. I point out that those three wealth transfer schemes are causing our debt to explode and all of a sudden I'm a rich kid?

I'll catch you in Barbados in my Bentley on my $1500 a month salary.

When your debt explodes past a certain point and the lenders come back asking for their money back and they don't get it. Bad things happen (read: Cyprus). But hey, that could never happen here. Never. Just like no one thought that 9/11 would have been possible here until it happened. But when you're so deep in crap, people resort to the national past-time of pointing fingers.

Why don't you(the US) just send a spy in nk kill that fatty stupid a-hole and be done with it??? (like you should have done with saddam hussen...)

Sorry if im off topic but, i have to know ph34r.png

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement