• Create Account

OpenGL 3?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 game of thought   Members   -  Reputation: 213

0Likes

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:52 PM

Before anybody says thats an old version i am aware. Unfortunatley, even with mesa i can only support up to that as Intel HD 3000 is the best i have.

I have done C for around 3 months and i believe that i have established a reasonable base in it. I believe i know all the basics (structs, headers, dynamic memory allocation, bitwise to a certain degree etc.).

What i wanted to know if it would be reasonable to start learning opengl with this(not c++ as i have had bad experiences with it prior). And also it would be nice to know anything hardware specific i would need to know(as Intel HD is notoriously bad for opengl AFAIK).

Thanks

Sponsor:

#2 TheChubu   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 4756

0Likes

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:27 PM

Calls to OpenGL are the same in C, C++, Java, and probably any other wrapper for the C bindings out there. And if they're different, you probably came across some framework rather than a wrapper. So I don't think you will have problems with that.

"I AM ZE EMPRAH OPENGL 3.3 THE CORE, I DEMAND FROM THEE ZE SHADERZ AND MATRIXEZ"

My journals: dustArtemis ECS framework and Making a Terrain Generator

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS