what is the origin of your nickname/Internet handle?

Started by
32 comments, last by ChaosEngine 9 years, 1 month ago

Have a guess. biggrin.png

Advertisement

My real name... in a professional setting, using nicknames just doesn't feel right.

And as its a weird name only used in a small part of europe, at least on international forums the name usually is not taken yet.

I have no idea. I assume it's based on a couple characters from Brigandine: The Legend of Forsena, but it's just as likely a random jumble of words.

And no, my name isn't Lance. tongue.png

Needed a name for counterstrike, and thought Columbo (as in the Peter Falk TV show) was good because:

1. He's awesome

2. He refuses to carry a gun, so that amused me for a counterstrike name

Then I kinda stuck with it. I worry that using it on programming forums comes across a bit cocky what with him being an underestimated genius, but I'm not changing it now.

I just made up a senseless word.

Apparently it happens to be the name of a city in Montenegro, though. At least it's not a derogatory word in some other language (to the best of my knowledge at least)

Community :) I used to go by Nibbles but decided to change it since my friends did a google search on me once and noticed Nibbles on GameDev come up. They had some fun with that. I don't think that was the main reason I changed it though, I think I would have anyways.

I was 9 years old and it sounded cool.

"I would try to find halo source code by bungie best fps engine ever created, u see why call of duty loses speed due to its detail." -- GettingNifty

real name

My project`s facebook page is “DreamLand Page”

I was trying to find something that sounded cool for Yahoo Chat in the 90's that didn't have any letters or numbers.

I think, therefore I am. I think? - "George Carlin"
My Website: Indie Game Programming

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/indieprogram

My Book: http://amzn.com/1305076532

Once upon a time when I need a new nick.

I wanted it to be named after a character from a fantasy novel I had read, but could really remember the full name and spelling.

Instead I ended up with Althea (later I remembered the name I was looking for was Althalus).

Then I actually changed it to Althia, because Althea was taken when I played WoW.

But Althia was already taken in here and thus I return to Althea ;)

But all other forums and such where I am active, my nick is still Althia.

Colding-J Developer Blog (games, apps and other ideas)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement