what is the origin of your nickname/Internet handle?

Started by
32 comments, last by ChaosEngine 9 years, 1 month ago

Late 13 and early 14 was my Cambrian explosion. It is when I started learning piano and how to program, when I started collecting LEGO® Technic™, and when I chose the name I still use today, 19 years later.

I got lucky that my name sounds “real”, unlike, “The Masked Marauder”, or, “Hodgman”—my name sounds reasonable enough to be put into the credits of video games.

Spiro (pronounced “spy-row”) is Latin for “respirate”, or, “to breathe”.

“L. Spiro” means, “Lost Breath”.

Starting at the age of 20 my lungs have had a habit of collapsing. 1 time on the left side, 6 or 7 times on the right side.

And so my name is suitable for me.

The only question is, considering that I chose this name years before my lungs started collapsing, would they still have collapsed had I not chosen this name?

L. Spiro

I restore Nintendo 64 video-game OST’s into HD! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCtX_wedtZ5BoyQBXEhnVZw/playlists?view=1&sort=lad&flow=grid

Advertisement

I swear I learnt in high school that desdemian spectrum was the scientific name for "bat".

It isn't.

Google returns nothing when looking that term.

It is inexistent... like my career as a game developer... so, appropriate.

I got lucky that my name sounds “real”, unlike, “The Masked Marauder”, or, “Hodgman”—my name sounds reasonable enough to be put into the credits of video games.

Ironically, Hodgman is a real (sur)name. :)

- Jason Astle-Adams

Because the Bitmap Brothers made awesome Amiga games in the 90s

if you think programming is like sex, you probably haven't done much of either.-------------- - capn_midnight

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement