Next survey: Did you finish your last project

Started by
14 comments, last by GunnarSteinn 24 years, 3 months ago
I just saw the current survey and aprox. 90% are working on a project now. It''s my experience that I don''t finish games a start on so I would like the next survey to ask: Did you finish your last project or How many games have you finished.
Advertisement
Nope, did not. Ditched it after i got done with the more basic routines. And, im planning a complete re-write of my current project, it just hit 3500 lines of codes so its not that bad. Learning is the most essential part, not getting it all complete!
I finished one project I started on my own, back in high school. A Dragon Warrior clone with no story mechanism but a nice battle engine and game object editor.

MSN
Good suggestion, we''ll put that up as the next survey.

And I DID finish my last project :<)
And we''re going to finish the current one too, hmm Dave? *smile*

I finished a little board game a few weeks ago, and before that I finished a little DMusic MIDI player. It''s nice to see things get done. I must admit though, that my first DirectX game is in really awful shape, though playable, and I hate the thought of even opening it. I might finish it right, but not for a while. *wry smile*

-fel
~ The opinions stated by this individual are the opinions of this individual and not the opinions of her company, any organization she might be part of, her parrot, or anyone else. ~
I have a whole bunch of semi-working mediocre tile engines but have never completed a full game besides a number guessing game on my calculator complete with a customizable range. I played it sometimes in math class, it was too strange to play in english

you actually put the game on your calculator... how did you manage that?
"I have realised that maths can explain everything. How it can is unimportant, I want to know why." -Me
To date I''ve completed one game I was proud of (a Windows 3.1 space invaders type game with sound and really nice sprites.... it was the first Win3.1 game of its kind that I saw, which made me a very happy bunny. It also appeared on a coverdisk in the UK, as well as on several bulletin boards. A friend actually heard one of the sound effects in somebody''s sound scheme not long ago - that was a cool feeling). I''ve also completed a number of tile-based engines and technology demonstrations, but they haven''t been brought to "game" status. Oh, and I''ve contributed code to one or two other projects that were finished, but I doubt that counts.

As an aside, I''ve completed more business oriented apps than I can count. Day job. Its amazing how hammering away at custom projects for people by day can sap one''s enthusiasm to go through a full lifecycle development for a game..... its just that much more rewarding to play with interesting technologies in my spare time instead! Wow, I''m a programming hedonist!
Does DinoCrisis count? I just finished that on Monday
-the logistical one-http://members.bellatlantic.net/~olsongt
I didn''t finish my last view projects, but this time, everyone on the team is working strong.
Usually the reason for project failure was either lack of communication or interest was loss. I have learned from my mistakes and formed a new team. Things are working now.
I was mad that the last two projects failed. The first was a 3D star fox shooter. I must have completely rewritten the engine 4 times in a single week, and the same with a fully polygon terrain engine with shading and textures.

Domini

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement