Quake 4 in stores October 19th

Started by
17 comments, last by SirLuthor 18 years, 7 months ago
I don't know if this is a repost, I checked the last few pages, and tried using Google to search, but anyways. ID Software Recently announced that quake 4 is done, and will begin shipping on the 18th of October, being made available by many retailers on the 19th of October.
Quote:We are pleased to announce that QUAKE 4 for the PC is done, and will begin shipping on Tuesday, October 18th! The game will be arriving at retailers beginning Wednesday, October 19th. QUAKE 4 begins only moments after the events of QUAKE II and enlists you in the role of Matthew Kane, a member of the Earth Defense Force's legendary Rhino Squad, to penetrate deep into the heart of the Strogg war machine and engage in a series of missions to destroy the barbaric alien race. QUAKE 4 also features fast-paced multiplayer competition modeled after the speed, feel, and style of QUAKE III Arena. It's extremely addictive and has certainly rekindled some old rivalries here at the office. :) id and Raven Software worked very closely during the development of QUAKE 4, and we'd like to thank all our friends at Raven for their hard work and dedication. Congrats to everyone on their team. For more information, including screenshots, the QUAKE 4 trailer, and breaking news, check out www.quake4game.com! The website's been a little quiet, but we've had a TON of things going on here at id!
If this is a repost please alert me, because I can't find the original thread, I will delete this promptly.
Advertisement
Interesting. I'd somehow got the impression that Microsoft/XBox360 had nabbed this as a "launch title" for their platform - meaning the PC would get it later on... [oh]

Jack

<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

Amazon.co.uk originally put the release date at December this year. (They predicted that date last December).

Nice to see it's not going to be that long [smile].
Quote:Original post by jollyjeffers
Interesting. I'd somehow got the impression that Microsoft/XBox360 had nabbed this as a "launch title" for their platform - meaning the PC would get it later on... [oh]

Jack

You may be thinking of the new Wolfenstein game that id announced. Coming first to the XB360 and then to PC later on.

When does FEAR come out?
Quote:Original post by Ravuya

Jack

You may be thinking of the new Wolfenstein game that id announced. Coming first to the XB360 and then to PC later on.

When does FEAR come out?

According to this site, later this month, October 18th, the same as Quake 4, odd.
I dont know why people aren't all crazy about it, will it use the doom3 engine?
Quote:Original post by blankdev
I dont know why people aren't all crazy about it, will it use the doom3 engine?

Yes, quake 4(the sequel to Quake 2, a great game) will use the Doom 3 engine, I've been waiting for this game for a long time. Quake 3 was more like a multiplayer dreamworld, but it didn't stick to the story.
Quote:Original post by Deranged

Jack

When does FEAR come out?

According to this site, later this month, October 18th, the same as Quake 4, odd.

Huh. I should go to the store and pre-order them both. I've never pre-ordered before; is the pre-order cost taken off the final release cost when you actually buy it, or what, how does this work?

Quote:Original post by Deranged

Jack

When does FEAR come out?

Huh. I should go to the store and pre-order them both. I've never pre-ordered before; is the pre-order cost taken off the final release cost when you actually buy it, or what, how does this work?

Depends on the store, most will have you pay $x sourt of like a down-payment to reserve it.
I wouldn't trust this, until Raven(I think that's who it was who was working on it) confirms it.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement