Programming Vertex, Geometry, and Pixel Shaders, Second Edition

Started by
4 comments, last by Nik02 15 years, 2 months ago
what happened to this book?, it seems fairly new, yet seems to be out of print
Advertisement
What, this book? [wink]
Richard 'ViLiO' Thomasv.net | Twitter | YouTube
But why is it out of print already?, im not fan of reading online, i prefer to read a book, but its excellent this has been made free for all to read.

Is it the same as this book though?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Programming-Vertex-Geometry-Shaders-Second/dp/1584505133/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1233509831&sr=8-5

seems to have a different front cover.
Quote:Original post by maya18222
But why is it out of print already?
It never was in print [wink]

im not fan of reading online, i prefer to read a book
Likewise, and we are working on something in this respect but unfortunately nothing to be announced publicly at this time.

Is it the same as this book though?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Programming-Vertex-Geometry-Shaders-Second/dp/1584505133/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1233509831&sr=8-5

seems to have a different front cover.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure they're the same thing. It had an interesting history...

Thanks for your interest!
Jack

<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

As far as I'm aware it has never actually been in print (yet).

From what I recall of reading Jack's dev journal, the deal fell apart with the publisher and instead of the authors letting their hard work go to waste, they released the book for free through GDNet. A print version is still planned, but you'll have to wait until one of the authors chimes in to this thread to find out when.

Regards,
ViLiO

[Edit: Ninja'D!]
Richard 'ViLiO' Thomasv.net | Twitter | YouTube
Quote:Original post by ViLiO
As far as I'm aware it has never actually been in print (yet).

From what I recall of reading Jack's dev journal, the deal fell apart with the publisher and instead of the authors letting their hard work go to waste, they released the book for free through GDNet. A print version is still planned, but you'll have to wait until one of the authors chimes in to this thread to find out when.

Regards,
ViLiO

[Edit: Ninja'D!]

When we're ready [smile]

Niko Suni

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement