If you could get permission to remake a game, what would it be?

Started by
51 comments, last by misi 14 years ago
Quote:Original post by biki_
Sanitarium!

and maybe outcast.

Oooh, that'd be a good one.

Another one I'd be interested in seeing redone would be James Bond: Goldeneye, if not just for updated graphics and updated controls.
Advertisement
Bushido Blade, Golden Axe, and Pole Position!

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

Quote:Original post by Kaze
Quote:Original post by Ed Welch
If I got the chance to remake x-com I'd prefer it as a low budget indie production rather than a AAA setup.

That's already been done: http://ufoai.sourceforge.net/?page=Home

I already played it, its fairly well made but I'm a bit disappointed that they scrapped destructible terrain and fog of war for 3d graphics. If they ever finish it I'll probably try playing it again though.

That's because they use the quake engine. From what I understand destructable scenery is very difficult to implement
Quote:Original post by Steadtler
Quote:Original post by Nypyren
X-Com

Ive got a good and a bad news for you...

Good: Theyre (2K) making a new xcom game!
Bad: They feel the need to re-invent and re-imagine it... as a FPS.

If I got the chance to remake x-com I'd prefer it as a low budget indie production rather than a AAA setup. The original x-com doesn't really need that much added on to it. It would probably just be better AI, more intuitive interface, better (though probably still pre-rendered 2D) graphics, more balanced late game equipment and miscellaneous technical issues like the fixed item and unit limits.

There is an X-COM inspired UFO series by Czech studio Altar Games - UFO: Aftermath, UFO: Aftershock, UFO: Afterlight. Didn't play, but the games got decent reviews IIRC...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement