Currently getting a college diploma, is that enough?

Started by
2 comments, last by Tom Sloper 13 years, 10 months ago
I'm currently enrolled in Seneca College, Moving towards a computer programming and analysis diploma.

>> https://www.senecac.on.ca/ce/programs/computer_cpa.html <<

My plans were to create a demo to the best of my abilities over the next 3 years, likely in 2d, and apply to the industry right after college.

I've been reading and I'm starting to feel like the diploma wont be enough, unfortunately I can't really decide on what to do with myself.

should I phase into computer science?
stick to my college diploma than take math courses?
continue with what I'm doing?

I love programming and have found out I'm relatively talented at it (albeit still the biggest noob on the planet >_>), its definitely something that I want to keep as a career path, and being in the game industry would be ideal. I'm just terrified of wasting my life in school that would prove to be useless (I'm already 22).

any ideas?
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by syntheticfish
Currently getting a college diploma, is that enough?

No. View Forum FAQ (above) -- see section 4: "How to Get Good Answers; Dumb Questions Not to Ask," FAQ #49.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

that was actually pretty helpful, thanks

EDIT: If possible this thread can be closed, your FAQ completely set me straight.
Just going to stick with my program now, and we'll see where it takes me.
Quote:Original post by syntheticfish
that was actually pretty helpful, thanks
EDIT: If possible this thread can be closed, your FAQ completely set me straight.
Just going to stick with my program now, and we'll see where it takes me.

OK, I'm closing. You're welcome to start a new thread with any new questions you may have.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement