The most innovative development in First Person Play I've ever seen...

Started by
6 comments, last by viniciusepiplon 10 years, 3 months ago

It's about perspective and resizing things by grabbing them... I'm at a loss for words right now.

It's just awsome. I'm interested in seeing this new mechanic make it into some titles.

Writer, Game Maker, Day-Dreamer... Check out all the wonderful things I've thought up at Meatsack's Workshop!

Check out the Current Ranking of Super Gunball DEMO on IndieDB!

Advertisement

Newest achievement from Aperture Labs I guess :wink: . Definitively awesome.

Yes thinkin out of the box . Nice for a killing time mobil device game. But not for me. I don play much on my iphone. Soduko patience that it. And something with ants on luch time.
Ipad totaly no gaming on it. Retro gaming totaly not so.

So not my thing I slam the S from shooter after FP and then for me starts getting interresting.
Whats this FPP last P from puzle.

I don't puzle much. But that me. Others could get not enough of it.

Its also bit of physics game.
A bigger fan make stronger wind.
Could be part of a puzle

Very clever, thanks for sharing! smile.png

- Jason Astle-Adams

Although these are very cool mechanics it has already been used in a game that was created for a ludum dare in 2012. Check this out smile.png

Well it uses the principle of perspectives but it doesn't go as far into portals and what not :p

Indeed. Another interesting take on this was from the 2012 DigiPen student project "Perspective". It's a 2D platformer, however you can rotate the camera and zoom in and out in order to change perspective. This allowed you to solve puzzles such as jumping over too large of gaps, or climbing under too small of walls just by changing the perspective.

Jeromy Walsh
Sr. Tools & Engine Programmer | Software Engineer
Microsoft Windows Phone Team
Chronicles of Elyria (An In-development MMORPG)
GameDevelopedia.com - Blog & Tutorials
GDNet Mentoring: XNA Workshop | C# Workshop | C++ Workshop
"The question is not how far, the question is do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far as is needed?" - Il Duche, Boondock Saints

The key task will be how to find a nice puzzle game that fits this technology.

Although these are very cool mechanics it has already been used in a game that was created for a ludum dare in 2012. Check this out smile.png

Well it uses the principle of perspectives but it doesn't go as far into portals and what not tongue.png

Me too. It's just a matter of visibility.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement