Handling words in a HTML/JS game.

Started by
0 comments, last by MarcinS 8 years, 12 months ago

I am a beginner at programming and game development, and have always been a fan of word games.

I would like to make a HTML/JS word game which would need to involve processing letters and words within a game. Are there any libraries that make it easier to handle such things within a game?

DuckDuckGo is my favourite search engine: www.duckduckgo.com

Avatar made in Inkscape, free vector graphics editor: www.inkscape.org

Advertisement

Hi,
I think you should first learn some basics of HTML , CSS and JS before even thinking of 3rd party libraries. Also take time and learn about basic ideas of how game workflow looks. Take some simple game ideas like "war" card game or paper, rock and scissors and describe their logic in diagram style. This will help you in feature.

But as i do not want to left you with nothing. Here i have created "paper, rock and scissors" with HTML , CSS and JS. It should not be hard for you to understand what is going on there (with help of Google happy.png ).

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/98830900/html/paperRockScissors.zip

This example may look for your simple and stupid but it has basic elemets that are present i most web games :

1. User interface (3 buttons :D )

2. Div with log where you see results of pushing buttons and actions that "enemy" takes . It is important that it chagnes without reloading webpage. If this were a graphic game there would be some drawings etc.

3. js script with game engine

Hope that it will help you a little

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement