WarScathed: Revolution [!!!!IMAGE HEAVY!!!!]

Started by
125 comments, last by jbadams 16 years, 10 months ago
haha, yes we are, ill post some more work by the weekend.
Advertisement
ok, heres where we are programming wise:

Grizzly3D Engine

(id like to state that we started from scratch, and we have come across many problems along the way)

The Engine now loads 3ds objects and diffuse maps, also a basic interface is in place, more on its way. Our plan is to release a physics demo within the next few weeks.

Thanks.
Why does rawk234 seems banned to me? what happended??
Yes I think these are one of the few bannations that should be explained seeing as he never did anything but post updates on his team's game.

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

All I can guess is that it's a dupe account?
Quote:Original post by Alpha_ProgDes
Yes I think these are one of the few bannations that should be explained seeing as he never did anything but post updates on his team's game.

Keep in mind that if he posted something really offensive, it was likely deleted by whomever banned him without anyone else's knowledge. That said, I'm curious, too.
woah. no comment.
I would like to learn what happened too because he offered to help with the art of my game today.
Among other possible reasons, 1 or addition to the many could be "this is how far we are programming wise" screenshot which has several effects:

1) Half Life 2 model? Im not sure it is legal to rip it out especially since this is not a mod. Maybe i am wrong. If not it further questions the legal side of this project such as software licenses.

2) Look at the glorious(to some) art renders we have all seen so far. Did someone else notice text saying " this is basically how they will look ingame" or comments as " we have normal mapping working" or the very "sss shader" one. And now you see this? No offence but even a non programmer really needs no more than 15 minutes in darkbasic to get to such result? - Certainly not more impressive.
Well as an artist I know what is seen art wise is less than 40 hours of work for a SINGLE industry experienced artist, YES, sad but true. 1 body( as base), 4 heads(1 can also be used as base, duplicated with modifications), 2-3 weapons, simple head texture(also similar), primitive normal mapping(generated from 2d bump), throw in biped(ready made skeleton/rig of 3ds max) and animate where 1 second = ~5 minutes ( 30 fps, 5-10 keyframe interval). If they were after this quality, could even take less. Please dont take my word, ask around, but also dont be so naively fooled!
Ironically I see 50% of time/energy wasted in those mockup screenshots rendered and composited in photoshop. As explained to me before, they were just made to serve as concept, as a vision, example of what is yet to come, yet they are still posted here as Progress... is it really? So now we saw the real progress, I repeat 3d art done is <40 hours, programming I cannot comment on but is certainly a) not impressive b) no way demo with this 2007* as mr rawk mentioned.

So what gets your attention? The PS mockups? Dont be fooled please.

3) How about the "SSS shader integration". The shot("programming progress") clearly shows advanced shaders and the other one ( SSS shot ) is a 3ds max render... again: PS mockup, can see brush manipulation, color variation done with PS ( notice blue ), the shots are not really matching shader wise - 1 seems to have more other less, doesnt really look SSS neither, term is used loosely since SSS requires material penetration of rays - im no programmer, do not know faking tips, but wild guess is that it is pretty damn advanced which is not shown by engine shot and even very hard to achieve in 3d programs alone - creating fake skin shader that obeys lights and does not use raytracing.
YES, 3ds max is able to render dx materials in viewport and they are fun(never done, programming side) to write, but wait, the game is Linux, Mac - clearly no dx shader... Are we mislead again? I see a conflict.

Why would I care? Why all this effort even after being attacked by people in this thread? Well attack me all you wish, just dont end up being fooled - You dont care? Maybe someone else does and I have already seen that. I'm also an artist and as this is built on images, I feel free to comment on aspects that maybe other specializations do not really know nor even need to know.

Good luck to all.
Okay, so obviously something's fishy about their work. But it is however obvious they do have a very talented modeler/tex artist on board.

And do you know why he was banned?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement