WarScathed: Revolution [!!!!IMAGE HEAVY!!!!]

Started by
125 comments, last by jbadams 16 years, 9 months ago
Fimbletoes and Dgray are the same guy that has about a dozen other banned gamedev accounts but im not sure if that has anything to do with rawk234 banning
Advertisement
Yup there is something fishy about it and yeah its a dupe I guess. He used to go by the name flame_project i think, but then got banned for using other peoples work and recruiting people to 2 different projects that didn't last long. As far as i know, the rules of this forum state that if you were banned once then your not allowed to create another account.
Quote:Original post by rawk234
ok, heres where we are programming wise:

Grizzly3D Engine

(id like to state that we started from scratch, and we have come across many problems along the way)

The Engine now loads 3ds objects and diffuse maps, also a basic interface is in place, more on its way. Our plan is to release a physics demo within the next few weeks.

Thanks.

That looks a lot like the Civil Protection characters from Half Life 2 for being "started from scratch" [headshake] Maybe that's why it's a ban???

And yes, this is a very shady project indeed...I won't go into the reasons why but the screenshots/videos tell all...
I dont know who banned him but if you banned him over that model - its obviosly a tech test and obviosly they wouldn't use that model at any (close to) final version.

So who banned him?
and
Can we hear rawk's side of the story somehow?

Kost.
Yes, it is probably the same guy who went by Flare_Project and devtopic who had multiple banned accounts...I know it was the same team (Grizzly Productions) as led by him, but I wasn't sure if this was another of his accounts or not. Well, that'd be my guess as to why he was banned.
Quote:Original post by Kaze
Fimbletoes and Dgray are the same guy that has about a dozen other banned gamedev accounts but im not sure if that has anything to do with rawk234 banning
Bingo. I won't make further comment for now, but there will be some further explanation forthcoming after some investigation.

- Jason Astle-Adams

As promised I'm going to bend our usual policy of not discussing the reason behind bans and give a little information on this one.

It turns out that rawk234 has had multiple duplicate accounts with the site, one of which was used to abuse a bug to sticky his own thread (as well as to unsticky the others, which you may have noticed), and has in the past also been caught using a duplicate account to bump his own threads with encouraging comments.

I can't comment on whether or not the progress of the WarScathed team is genuine or not but given the behavior of the team-leader I would recommend caution to anyone considering working for/with the project.

That is all, I hope that explanation will suffice.

- Jason Astle-Adams

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement