If you could get permission to remake a game, what would it be?

Started by
51 comments, last by misi 14 years ago
Quote:Original post by samoth
Dungeon Master, and Syndicate. Those stole literally months of my life in the late 80s and early 90s.
Oh, and of course Leisure Suit Larry and Monkey Island...

Dungeon Master FTW.

There have been a few attempts and updates but nothing which really passes the test.
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by samoth
Oh, and of course [...] Monkey Island...

hmm ?
Syndicate, freelancer, elite 2, basejumpers
Count me in for SSI goldbox games. Start with Champions of Krynn (my first purchase ever; ah, the good old days of waiting 15 minutes on a fight to load on my CGA monitor).
You either believe that within your society more individuals are good than evil, and that by protecting the freedom of individuals within that society you will end up with a society that is as fair as possible, or you believe that within your society more individuals are evil than good, and that by limiting the freedom of individuals within that society you will end up with a society that is as fair as possible.
I would remake most any of the old 2D Capcom scrollers for NES that weren't Mega Man (Chip 'N Dale, DuckTales, Talespin). I'd make them 2.5D or whatever they call it now days (still sidescroller but with a 3D background, like Shadow Complex).

I'd definitely support a remake of Flashback as well.

Oddly there are a lot of games that I wish were a bit different but I wouldn't want to fully remake them. Also, there are games I love that I think a remake wouldn't do it justice or bring me the satisfaction of the game I got back when I first played it (for example, the first Silent Hill).

=============================RhinoXNA - Easily start building 2D games in XNA!Projects

I found out the name of the one I meant - Jurassic Park : Operation Genesis - http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/jurassicparkoperationgenesis/index.html

:)

This is the one game I would really like to make a remake of :)

Game Development Tutorials - My new site that tries to teach LWJGL 3.0 and OpenGL to anyone willing to learn a little.

Darklands : For being the first RPG that really enthralled me and made a 9 or 10 year old me obsessed with the medieval gothic atmosphere for life.
Quote:Original post by evolutional
Syndicate

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

Wanna team up and produce a spinoff? =D
Amateurs practice until they do it right.Professionals practice until they never do it wrong.
tie fighter!
scottrick49
Quote:Original post by Andrew Russell
I'd love to see a Deus Ex remake

Seconded, although the only thing I would want to see "re-made" are the graphics and enemy AI. That's it.

My other two games would be Fleet Defender (still the only F-14 dedicated sim ever) and X-Wing

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement