Your most memorable childhood game?

Started by
68 comments, last by Johnny Photon 12 years, 3 months ago
This is a tricky one.

Dizzy Egg on the Amstrad something-or-other was good.

Though my most memorable games were probably C&C/C&C: Red Alert and Blade Runner.

What was the secret, they wanted to know; in a thousand different ways they wanted to know The Secret. And not one of them was prepared, truly prepared, to believe that it had not so much to do with chemicals and zippy mental tricks as with that most unprofound and sometimes heartrending process of removing, molecule by molecule, the very tough rubber that comprised the bottom of his training shoes.
Advertisement
For me the first taste of gaming that I ever had is also my most memorable, that game being Pokemon on the gameboy color. The whole level up and catch more pets coupled with quirky and fun storytelling is what I always enjoyed and even today I still play some of the newer Pokemon titles (Black and White) when I get the time.

In terms of my most recent game experience which has been most memorable would be The Elder Scrolls Oblivion where the open world and freedom of exploration is one of the best that the role playing genre can offer.

Of course there are loads of great games out there but these are the ones that are most prevalent my mind.
Mario Kart 64.... I spend so many hours on that game.
SO... MANY... HOURS...
Chrono Trigger, Id say the only reason it's so memorable for me (don't get me wrong great story, concept and play), it was at a age in my life were all me and my friends did was play games, and I remember getting this one christmas day, and watching two of the endings before new years.
[ dev journal ]
[ current projects' videos ]
[ Zolo Project ]
I'm not mean, I just like to get to the point.
Oh man, so many...

Altered Beast, Streets of Rage, Shinobi.. all for Genesis.
Good old times...
Some games to come to mind are final fantasy tactics advance, super sash bros 64, columns ( sega genesis ), the sims bustin out, Lost Odyssey was memorable

thinking of playstation 1 games now, tomba, resident evil used to scare the hell out of me when i was young. used to watch other people play it..the big mansion one, the first one i think?
leisure suit larry 1
and
LBA 2
Not the most common choices but for me Inca 2, Quackshot, and on the more common side Monkey Island. These titles were my earliest fond childhood games.
[media]
[/media]
Sonic The Hedgehog, Rock and Roll Racing, Flashback, Prince of Persia, International Superstar Soccer, Zelda Ocarina of Time, 007 Goldeneye, Age of Empires I and II, Ultima Online.
http://www.creationguts.com - The Guts of Creation
drawing, programming and game design.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement