The Week of Awesome II - Unnofficial After Party

Started by
86 comments, last by Orymus3 9 years, 6 months ago

Did you try re-downloading? could the music be corrupt?

And Eck: Unity ­ > XNA :P j/k

Advertisement

Works without the music!

Tried it on my laptop but crashed there too... very strange, perhaps some program I use is incompatible.. but I can't imagine which, only have like VC++ and Photoshop.. Skype.. Steam, VLC.. and that's pretty much it of what is installed on both laptop and desktop.

Well, thank God for that. I hate computers. >.< I spent alot of time getting the intro music timing just right so that it popped up the title screen at a dramatic point. If you'd like to hear the music, you'll find links in the Credits.txt file for each of the songs and everything we didn't generate ourselves.

EckTech Games - Games and Unity Assets I'm working on
Still Flying - My GameDev journal
The Shilwulf Dynasty - Campaign notes for my Rogue Trader RPG

Doubtful. XNA packs all those things together in a content manifest, if it was jacked up the rest of the game probably wouldn't work.

And Eck: Unity ­ > XNA j/k

That's probably true. I'm even writing about that in the post mortem. :) But I'm wondering if other .mp3's cause the same issue... Was there a .mp3 in your game Orymus3? If so...can you disable it with settings files...? :D

- Eck

Doubtful. XNA packs all those things together in a content manifest, if it was jacked up the rest of the game probably wouldn't work.

And Eck: Unity ­ > XNA j/k

That's probably true. I'm even writing about that in the post mortem. :) But I'm wondering if other .mp3's cause the same issue... Was there a .mp3 in your game Orymus3? If so...can you disable it with settings files...? :D

- Eck
Strange, erik couldnt start my xna game etiher, i wonder if its the same reason...

Makes sense. Not familiar with XNA to be honest.

That's probably true. I'm even writing about that in the post mortem. But I'm wondering if other .mp3's cause the same issue... Was there a .mp3 in your game Orymus3? If so...can you disable it with settings files...?

Did not set that up.

As a general rule of thumb, I try not to use MP3 for legal reasons. I used a .ogg.

I didn't set up a manifest, but a custom solution could be made if necessary. Doesn't allow me this level of control when making a "vanilla" build though.

Looking around the web, it looks like the XNA audio playback crash could happen if the user has uninstalled Windows Media Player from their machine. So maybe that's it? I found the a thread about the same issue with a steam game:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/280930/discussions/1/558754898914394849/

Audio has always been pretty flaky with XNA

Looking around the web, it looks like the XNA audio playback crash could happen if the user has uninstalled Windows Media Player from their machine. So maybe that's it? I found the a thread about the same issue with a steam game:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/280930/discussions/1/558754898914394849/

Audio has always been pretty flaky with XNA

M.I.C.R.O.S.O.F.T.W.A.S.H.E.R.E.

MediaPlayer was it! Works if I install that again. Pretty crappy of Xna to just crash when it isn't there IMO.

I love how the error message says, "Yeah, it was probably a DRM problem with your song. Have fun chasing that rabbit!"

A quick announcement: I have a post-mortem up.

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

My Twitter Account: @EbornIan

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement