The Week of Awesome II - Unnofficial After Party

Started by
86 comments, last by Orymus3 9 years, 6 months ago
Thats a relief!! Any chance youd let us update the readme/installguide files?
Advertisement

Strange, erik couldnt start my xna game etiher, i wonder if its the same reason...

It was the same thing, yours works too now!

Cool games both :)

I had some other strangeness with ToysGI that sometimes the toys seem to not shoot, but the damage is still done after a while..

It was the same thing, yours works too now!

Cool games both :)
I had some other strangeness with ToysGI that sometimes the toys seem to not shoot, but the damage is still done after a while..

Thanks for testing it out and not giving up figuring out the problem. Huge weight off my chest!

If you're out of range and right click on an enemy, it moves into range and then stops. If you right click once you're in range, it should fire. It's something I wanted to fix the last day, but my unit state-management code was so brittle and I was awake for the last 40 hours so I didn't trust myself to fix it.

EckTech Games - Games and Unity Assets I'm working on
Still Flying - My GameDev journal
The Shilwulf Dynasty - Campaign notes for my Rogue Trader RPG

If you're out of range and right click on an enemy, it moves into range and then stops. If you right click once you're in range, it should fire. It's something I wanted to fix the last day, but my unit state-management code was so brittle and I was awake for the last 40 hours so I didn't trust myself to fix it.

I briefly tested this and came up with the same problem, but as you are stating, it's more a usability concern than an actual bug. Once I figured it out, it worked reliably for me so I figured I might just have misunderstood it at first.

I'm curious about something: why have so many folks have packaged up their games in .rar instead of .zip? Zip functionality is built into Windows and MacOS, and .rar requires a 3rd party app to package/extract. I was playing some of the compo games at a friend's place last night and we passed on the ones that were packaged as .rar since he didn't want to bother downloading winrar or whatever was necessary to extract it.

Is there some advantage I'm not seeing of .rar? It just seems like it's a PITA.

I'm curious about something: why have so many folks have packaged up their games in .rar instead of .zip? Zip functionality is built into Windows and MacOS, and .rar requires a 3rd party app to package/extract. I was playing some of the compo games at a friend's place last night and we passed on the ones that were packaged as .rar since he didn't want to bother downloading winrar or whatever was necessary to extract it.

Is there some advantage I'm not seeing of .rar? It just seems like it's a PITA.

In my case:
Zip is only built in windows 8 if im not mistaken... It didnt came with mine i can tell you this much...
And then downloading winrar instead of winzap was a random decision i guess...

I think that zip functionality is built into Windows 7 as well; I'm not sure about Ubuntu: both zip and rar seem to be handled on my system, but it's entirely possible that I've installed something at some stage that produced that functionality.

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

My Twitter Account: @EbornIan

Post any readme changes you wish to make to the judge thread, since i'm repackaging everythibg later tonight i'll include those changes.
Check out https://www.facebook.com/LiquidGames for some great games made by me on the Playstation Mobile market.

Post any readme changes you wish to make to the judge thread, since i'm repackaging everythibg later tonight i'll include those changes.

Thats great!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement