Okay, the servers are now all running on Linux. I had initially intended to wait until all development was mostly completed to make the transition but now I'm glad I've done it. And, the more I use Visual Studio Code, the more I appreciate its simplicity and how well it's adopted the Linux environment. It's starting to feel like home now that I've got a few active projects going in it. Plus it's nice to clear my Windows development space, I could have 6 or 7 copies of Visual Studio open at one time before this, now I've only got the Unity game client and whatever test projects I need to sort out the next functional leap. The rest is all in a Linux VM that I can VNC into if I need to use Visual Studio Code, otherwise I can do everything server side with an SSH client.
The next step for these servers is to massage them into actual Linux Daemons, which shouldn't be HUGE, but it will take a minor rewrite of some bits of code. Not a huge issue until I have a real server though. So, really the next step is to get the base functionality built out in the next 3 Servers(Mob, Narrative, & Social)
Here's a quick video of the client(Unity Windows) testing out all 3 current servers running on Linux.
Top to Bottom: Avatar Server(Authentication/inventory/etc..), Economy Server(Banking/etc.), Action Server(Online Multi-Player/etc..)
First we test the Action Server with the standard Ghost test you've seen here before, but then I mess a little with the banking features(transferring credits to/from inventory), and then I show how the drop item from Inventory and Pickup item(into inventory) works.
Enjoy. As always, more to come soon.