Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

C# books

Started by Sr_Guapo Aug 14, 2004 at 10:22 PM 2 replies 1.1k views
Original Post
Sr_Guapo
Sr_Guapo
Okay, I need some help on buying a book for C#. I am very fluent in VB, as well as competent in C++ and java. I plan on progeramming 3D games in it with Managed DX as soon as I can become familiar with the language. I have been using MDX through VB for a while, I just want to try something new. I need a book that will start at the basics, while still not being aimed at the complete programming n00b. I have been able to program a bit in it, but I am having trouble on things like Events, static classes, and global variables. I am sure I will come accross more issues, so I want a book that can be used as a reference for a while. PS - I did do some searching in the GDNet books, but I did not see anything focsed solely on C# (only a few MDX). Thank for any help!
Sean Henley [C++ Tutor]Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
Sr_Guapo
Sr_Guapo
Are there no resources for C#? Surely someone has a C# book and can give a quick review...
Sean Henley [C++ Tutor]Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
Synex
Synex
If you are competent with C++ and OOP, C# is not too hard to pick up.

I learnt all my C# from http://www.softsteel.co.uk/tutorials/cSharp/cIndex.html and porting over my old C++ projects.

Check out the MSDN for all the C# namespaces + functions as well!

Hope this helps!
SynexCode Monkey
romer
romer
I haven't read it, but if it's as any good as their C++ book (which I thought was the best book to learn C++ from and use as a desktop reference), Deitel and Deitel's C#: How to Program ought to be pretty good.

May also want to check out Andrew Troelsen's C# and the .NET Platform. I knew C++, so I used that book to teach me C# and a lot of the basics of Window Forms within a day or two. It's an easy read and not a bad desktop reference (though MSDN still reigns supreme for .NET reference "manual").

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.