FAR CRY DEMO OMG!!!!

Started by
34 comments, last by Grizwald 20 years, 2 months ago
Get it now kids! Post your thoughts. I think it is simply amazing. The AI is stunning, physics are nice, and the graphics make me wet myself.
I love me and you love you.
Advertisement
LINK TO SCREENIES OR SUFFER
by the time this finishes downloading half life 2 might be out. I''m not joking.
I''ve been playing the demo, and I think Far Cry might even outdo the Half-life 2 when they''re both released.

It''s that good.
"If I have seen farther than other men, it is because I have stood on the shoulders of giants." -- sir Isaac Newton
Screenies:

http://www.shacknews.com/screens.x/farcry/Far+Cry/1/thumbs

The demo is much fun. Excessively pretty, but the design is nice too--there are a myriad of ways to get through the mission. Though the jeep is a pain to drive, and once you ground a boat I couldn''t get it to sea again.

Minor flaws, things that a beta run could fix if they''d bother. AI is smart and incredibly dumb at the same time. (Soldiers can usually find you if they look, but they leave themselves wide open to attack while they do it. At least on medium difficulty.) Some graphical flaws, but nothing unforgiveable in a prerelease.

I like pie.
[sub]My spoon is too big.[/sub]
Oh crap. Not another FPS ...

Jesus saves ... the rest of you take damage.
"A page of history is worth a volume of logic." -- Oliver Wendell Holmes

Jesus saves ... the rest of you take 2d4 fire damage.

I''ve seen some nice screenies...it looks nice but I want a multiplayer demo. =P

Oh yeah, and I do have DSL, but holy god, 500 mb!
That''s an overnighter. =P

-=Lohrno
quote:Original post by 23yrold3yrold
Oh crap. Not another FPS ...

I cosign that.

I''m not sure if I got the correct version Everyone seems to be talking about this spectacular AI, yet 9 times out of 10 I see the enemy getting caught behind trees running into walls, etc.

quote:Original post by Rainniar
I''m not sure if I got the correct version Everyone seems to be talking about this spectacular AI, yet 9 times out of 10 I see the enemy getting caught behind trees running into walls, etc.

The question is, are they getting stuck on trees, or are they taking cover behind them? After playing through the demo, I honostly don''t know.

Anyway, the level design is beautiful and very different than anything I''ve seen in a fps before.

But the action seems pretty much identical to SoF1/2 and others. By that I mean, real weapons, pseudo-realistic damage. (One reason) I don''t think it will beat HL2 is that it sticks the standark weapons loadout (Desert Eagle, p90, m4, rocket launcher, etc) while HL2 goes with crazy-ass tractor beam guns and such. If they already have a sci-fi story (mad scientist doing genetic mutilations), why don''t they have some cool sci-fi weapons?

But besides that gripe, I think it will be a damn cool fps.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement