HASTE speed running game project seeking help (update images)

Started by
7 comments, last by phil18 17 years, 10 months ago
Team name: DivZero Project name: HASTE Brief description: Basically, the aim of this project is to resurrect the legendary speed-running tournaments (like the cult Quake done Quick movie) using modern graphics technology and somewhat improved gameplay specifically designed for the needs of speed-running. We've been working on it for the past 3 months. Target aim: This project is not meant to be distributed commercially, the reasons being the tight timeframe, the intended public, as well as the possibility of being a portfolio of the participants. Compensation: None. Technology: We're using our own engine, for the moment we have per pixel lighting/bumpmapping working. However, here is a list of further (planed) features: * (Soft) shadow mapping (note: almost done) * Relief mapping (conestep mapping) * Perturbed transparency/reflections * Local fog * etc. Talent needed: Specifically, we'd need: * An additional level designer * An additional modeler * An additional texture artist * A concept art/2D artist * A musician / sound fx guy * ...and maybe a cinematic guy (for the intro showing some arhitectural walkthroughs, jumps and moves, not additional content creation) Team structure: * Chris - mapper, modeler * dv - engine programmer * eb - mapper, modeler, web designer * Finalspace - mapper * Gremolin - modeler * Hotkill - texturer * Jonathan - musician * Phil (me) - gamecode programmer, team coordinator Website: http://www.divzero-games.com Contacts: haste@divzero-games.com cyberdemon@gmx.at Additional Info: Visit our site for further info and screenshots/videos. Feedback: ANY UPDATE Some screens of our conestep implementation (originally described & implemented by Jonathan "lonesock" Dummer). Notice how the texture bends according to the heightmap. Our new renderer [Edited by - phil18 on June 5, 2006 4:41:21 AM]
Advertisement
Bump.

Come on guys, anyone?
I'll put some new screenshots on the site soon, I know it doesn't look good yet, but it will, believe me.
i remember quake done quick.

are you actually creating an entirely new separate game just for people to speed run through?
www.indiedevnews.com

Quote:Original post by markdeaton
are you actually creating an entirely new separate game just for people to speed run through?

Actually, yes. The advantage is that the gameplay is simple enough for a team of our size (altough tweaking the jump physics is a little bit tricky in terms of lacking testers), so we can concentrate almost entirely on the technology/design stuff.

And it's still fun to play.

cool, i'll be watching this one. good thing you're not going commercial with it as i think the .bsp format costs around 50k to license.
www.indiedevnews.com

Quote:Original post by markdeaton
good thing you're not going commercial with it as i think the .bsp format costs around 50k to license.

I tought the engine costs that much, not the file format only? However, we wouldn't be even able to license the vertices then :D

Update.
Update.
Tech video (~3MB).

Hope you like it.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement