Original Post
Hello all,
I would like to ask how on earth to figure out, or know, what the colour values in 16bit are. Let me clarify
In the 8 bit world, I knew that I had 256 colours, and a palette, I could specify that palette to whatever I liked, now say I had 64 white, 64 red, 64 green, 64 blue. Thats 256 colours yeah ? And I know what colours are what. Cause I set them up.
Now, in 16bit, there is no palette, so can I assume that they are actually stored logically, cause surely the colours cannot be random, since then, how would I know what colour is what ? right ?
My main point is how do I specify a brilliant white, or shade of, when I dont know (or can figure out) what colour those shades of white I need are ?
Now, I understand that there are two 16bit systems that I can use, 5-5-5 and 5-6-5. Now, that would mean that I can use either of those, the 6 specifies more green values right?
So, could I work out what brilliant white is this way.
5-6-5 is the number of bits for the red, green and blue, so basically, there are 32 shades of red, 64 shades of green and 32 shades of blue, yeah ? so would brilliant white be RGB = 32,64,32 ?
well, I think I made my point and posed my question in a way people can debate upon. Thanks
kosh