Texture Mapping Problem

Started by
4 comments, last by FERNANDO-BRASIL 21 years, 10 months ago
Hi Guys, I''m trying to Texturize a QUAD with OpenGL, but I got a problem. I loaded a picture that has a WHITE background painted in it. In the center of the picture, there are some ORANGE and BLUE lines. Ok, the problem is: When I put the image on screen, all the White changes to BLACK... Why? I tried a lot of things, but nothing worked! THank you guys! Fernando
Advertisement
I know you said you tried many things, but was setting glColor3f to 0 0 0 one of them? I had the same problem with something , glcolor was tinting my texture.
Thank you Reckles, but unfortunately, the problem isn''t the glColor3f. If I do glColor3f(0.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f), the entire picture gets BLACK when I show it on the screen, if i do glColor3f(1.0f, 1.0f, 1.0f) for a white color, the thing that I explained in my first message occurs.

Thank you Reckles, but unfortunately, the problem isn''t the glColor3f. If I do glColor3f(0.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f), the entire picture gets BLACK when I show it on the screen, if i do glColor3f(1.0f, 1.0f, 1.0f) for a white color, the thing that I explained in my first message occurs.

Hi guys, sorry! I figured out what was happening... nothing with OpenGL. It was a problem with my LoadBitmap Function.

But now, it''s OK!

Thanks for your help!
If your new image is textured, but your previous background is not, make sure you de-select any textures (by selecting ''0'', or disabling texturing) before drawing the background.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement