Our Demo.

Started by
30 comments, last by SporadicFire 21 years, 10 months ago
Hello everyone, My self and "weasalmongler" are working on a battle simulation game at the moment. It will involve tanks, aircrafts and various weapons... We are posting our work so far on the engine, for you to evaluate and to make recommendations on.. thank you for your time. Demo
Advertisement
There are two reasons I am posting this.... one is coz I''m the second developer and want to be in on the action . The second is for our help. The framerate that the game is running is located on one of the hills, near the edge of the map. Could you maybe tell us this in your feedback please.

Please leave your computer specs and resolution you were running it at. As SporadicFire said, thanks for your time, we really appriciate this.

- Weasalmongler
Um..a list of controls or something would be nice. Would it hurt you to pack a simply text file with some instructions?
sorry here it goes:

Up/Down: forwards/back
Left/Right: rotate
shift: strafe
home/end/insert/delete: rotate turret.
erm... actually strafe is shift + arrow keys

- Weasalmongler
Bagh. I''m estimating this framerate at about 0.5/s. I''m running a 2.2 ghz Intel with a GF4 Ti 4400 card.

I tap left, and it takes about 3 seconds to rotate left. Same with any other controls.

By the way, the up/down controls don''t do anything. Nothing happens when I try to move forward or backward.
dont know why its happening on your system.. what Operating SYstem do you have? It works fine on mine and weasel monglers''s systems (even though they are much slower than yours)..its written in OpenGL, do you know if your system has problems running openGL games?
OK, thats very odd. It works fine on my system and thats:

PIII 750 MHz
256 MB RAM
GeForce 256 32MB
Win 98 SE

We''ll look into it, but we need more info about your computer.
What OS do you have? What resolution are you running it at?

- Weasalmongler

• P4 2.2 ghz
  • 512 mb ram
  • GeForce4 Ti 4400
  • Windows 2000

I ran your demo at 640x480x16. No, I have no problems with OpenGL, or any OpenGL games.
OK, that is very odd. Your system is very similar to Sporadic Fires. Maybe you could update your detenator drivers? That might fix it (though it is unlikely). Its not a particularly intensive demo, and we have been discussing it. Nobody else on similar systems has had any trouble. We are very confused, and will try and sort out the problem, but in the meantime I recommend updating drivers and telling us the results (if its not too much trouble). Thanks.

- Weasalmongler

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement