Please help!!

Started by
4 comments, last by Vegadam 21 years, 9 months ago
Ok, this is kind of game writeing I guess, because it is for a game. In the middle of the storry, it does this wiered thing for about a page, and I want to know if there is a way to change this back to regular text, oh, sorry about the spelling errors, I think I spelt wiered wrong. mì¥Á G ¿ Š bjbjŽÙŽÙ "æ ì³ ì³ † ÿÿ ÿÿ ÿÿ ] Ø Ø Ø Ø Ø Ø Ø ` ` ` ` ` ì¥Á G ¿ Š bjbjŽÙŽÙ "æ ì³ ì³ † ÿÿ ÿÿ ÿÿ ] Ø Ø Ø Ø Ø Ø Ø ` ` ` ` ` What the hell is that stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can someone help me, please? Thanks, Adam
Advertisement
What game? What platform? What is the game publisher''s tech support email address? Maybe it is a game YOU are writing and you are hitting a glitch?

I''m not trying to sound unhelpful, I just need a little more information. If it''s someone else''s game you''ll have to contact them for support.
Yeah, what''s the whole story? Is this a word document, or what?

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

Ok, sorry, I was a little vauge. I am just doing this for my self, just to show to people, its not really for a game company or anything. But I have been wroking on it for about two years, and I would hate to loose apart of it now. It is a word document, and this is about 1 page of the story.

Several guesses.... file corruption but then the program should be reporting it as stuffed. Alternatively you have changed the font on that section and then for some reason that font isnt on your system anymore so its got its knickers in a twist.

Have you run a virus check on your system? Sometimes they screw up the files when they are trying to infect them.

Other than those ideas.... Im at a loss, hopefully someone else out there recognises the problem.

Regards

BaelWrath

If it is not nailed down it''s mine,
and if I can prise it loose,
it''s not nailed down!
BaelWrathIf it is not nailed down it's mine and if I can prise it loose,it's not nailed down!
Eek. You could try opening it in a hex editor and seeing if the text is still there.. at least that way you can copy/paste it somewhere safe, then copy/paste back into your document.

Reminds me why I do all my design documents in Notepad

Superpig
- saving pigs from untimely fates
- sleeps in a ham-mock at www.thebinaryrefinery.cjb.net

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement