Passionate game developers

Started by
13 comments, last by OoMMMoO 24 years, 1 month ago
I was wondering if there were any game developers that are really passionate about the type of game they are making. Some one who is obsessed with the game they are working on and think about nothing else but that game. I am that way about a rpg I have been working on(not acctually coding it just coming up with ideas) it is kind of a game ahead of its time (maybe not with the power of playstation2) and I think about it all the time 24-7 there isnt a time in my day I dont spend thinking about making this game. I was just wondering if there were any more out there like me?
Advertisement
*Raises his hand* ME ME ME ME!!!

"Ideas Lead to Power"
I''m designing my upcoming RPG since months now, and I''m passionate by it.
I think the more you love what you do the best it is to the players.

-* Sounds, music and story makes the difference between good and great games *-
-* So many things to do, so little time to spend. *-
At Rarebyte, we are working on a 3d shooter called Paradigm since August''99.

We are all fascinated and passionate about developing such a game and it keeps us hooked.

I spend all my time thinking about our game.

If you want to get further information about our project, visit our website:
www.rarebyte.de.st

Charlie McSow / Paradigm Game Design

CharlieGame DesignerRarebytehttp://www.rarebyte.com
I am the same way. I constantly am thinking about the developemnt of the adventure game I have in mind. Developemnt of the story, the interactivity, the businees model, finding a publisher, the engine, etc, etc, ect...

On a side note, how about some advice from anyone on how to find others that are this passionate about game development. I have a team of two, maybe three now, and I want to find people that are passionate about it. You acn find alot of people who say they are, but when it comes down to it, they have no idea what dedication it really takes.
I too am really passionate about my own work. I am writing a 3D fighting game engine and I am always thinking about my engine. I constantly think of ways to improve my code and new things to add or change.

I also find that people I have talked to don''t want to share ideas for fear of them being stolen. It seems like noone wants to just open up and bounce ideas off of others. I find that that is the best way to come up with good and original ideas.

L8tr, Kinfira.
Regards, KinfiraLead ProgrammerKinfiraSoftMakers of Swordplay, a 3D fighting game engine.Check out our home on the web:http://www.kinfirasoft.com
Yeah, I gotta say I''m seriously passionate about my project. I try not to talk about it to much because I KNOW I''ll be making people sick hearing about it. The part I''m most passonate about at the moment (Besides character development) is the new engine I''m developing that draws a 3D character as a true cartoon. Doesn''t use polygon rendering anywhere. I basically teach the computer how to draw my character over a ball & stick frame. I use the frame for movement and colision detection. I also have a really cool story that''s quite unique but I don''t tell anyone about that because of the chance of someone else using it.

E:cb woof!
E:cb woof!
I have the passion. Some nights(mornings) I''ll be up until 5am working on my game even tho I''ve been programming it all day. I just can''t bring myself to stop working on it.

And my house proves it.. it''s a mess!

-Tasm
I''m not a passionate game programmer. I only want to develope a hit game and earns a lot of money. Then I will quit the game industry once and for all and move into other field. I don''t intend to become the next Bill Gates or the next John Carmack. I just want money.
ME ME ME

I even get a good idea for my game in my Photoshop exam!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement