pb in fullscreen mode with stencil buffer (slow :( )

Started by
2 comments, last by V3rt3x 21 years, 9 months ago
hi all! I have a little problem : I use a stencil buffer in my ogl app (win32). In windowed mode, there is no problem, but when I switch to fullscreen mode the application is as slow as if the stencil buffer was disabled (hu I don''t know how to say that... like if we use stencil buffer in glut without GLUT_STENCIL) were the pb could come from? the PIXELFORMATDESCRIPTOR ? help me please thanks!
Advertisement
My guess is that your app kicks back in software mode for some reason or the other. It could be that you request a pixelformat that''s not available and your app selects another one (without the stencil buffer).

If you want to know which pixelformats are available to you: There''s a small c program at opengl.org (sample code -> rendering somewhere) which gives you a list of all available pixelformats.

Sander Maréchal
[Lone Wolves Production][Articles][GD Emporium][E-mail]

<hr />
Sander Marechal<small>[Lone Wolves][Hearts for GNOME][E-mail][Forum FAQ]</small>

There was someone on the NeHe board a while ago with this problem, it turned out the problem was in windowed mode, the screen was 32bpp, but in fullscreen it was 16bpp, and that caused the stencil buffer to be very slow.
ok I will try
thanks.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement