OpenGL 1.4...

Started by
17 comments, last by _the_phantom_ 21 years, 9 months ago
.. has been announced (see Gamedev.net front page for link to more details). However, i still dont think we are going to see an updated lib or .h file for it for windows any time soon (I dont know about the linux situation, can you guys get updated files?) Anyone else got any views on how likely we are to get them, I''d have said that maybe some kinda organised pressure should be put on the ARB by us ''normal'' programmers to get them to lean on M$ to update things, however what with the recent IP issues having come up I very much doubt the ARB would want to step on M$''s feet much for a bit.
Advertisement
Well usually the ARB extensions are exposed through video drivers, so thats probably how we''ll see most of it''s functionality. I doubt MS would do anything to help OpenGL anything soon considering the ongoing dispute (and the fact that the disputed item appears on 1.4), so we''ll see what happens with that.

"Love all, trust a few. Do wrong to none." - Shakespeare

Dirge - Aurelio Reis
www.CodeFortress.com
Current Causes:
Nissan sues Nissan
"Artificial Intelligence: the art of making computers that behave like the ones in movies."www.CodeFortress.com
quote:Original post by _the_phantom_
However, i still dont think we are going to see an updated lib or .h file for it for windows any time soon (I dont know about the linux situation, can you guys get updated files?

quote:From Mesa3d.org
Version 4.x of Mesa implements the OpenGL 1.3 API with the following extensions incorporated as standard features...

Mesa3D, for the most part, is the face of OpenGL in Linux (for software rendered or DRI accelerated situations). The NVidia drivers are partly seperated from Mesa3D, but they implement OpenGL 1.3 also.

While not related in the least, I think that this link has some neat info. It''s a page with all the known stats (and much rumoured stuff too) for the new NVIDIA and ATI cards. Page 2 has a big table with lots of numbers! Just a little info into what cards are planned to have OpenGL 2.0 (and 1.4) support in the near future (there, that''s what associates this link with the thread ). I am such a geek...

--Buzzy
(formerly buzzy_b)
damn it buzzy! those cards make me drool and so jealous. i want a nVidia NV30 or NV40! :D :D

---
shurcool
wwdev
oooo spinky :D

question is, can I hold out for an NV40 or will I break and get an NV30 or NV35 only to buy the NV40 later...
WOW!!! KEWL!!!!

And here I am with my 32Mb TNT2.... I feel a inferiority complex coming up real fast....

Sander Maréchal
[Lone Wolves Production][Articles][GD Emporium][E-mail]

<hr />
Sander Marechal<small>[Lone Wolves][Hearts for GNOME][E-mail][Forum FAQ]</small>

w0w!
Microsoft is in the process of killing OpenGL. What is left?
People are not inherently evil, but all of them are guillty of something...
how''d ya come to that conclusion?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement