Blending and color problems

Started by
1 comment, last by LordSoth 21 years, 9 months ago
Hi Guys, and Well met, I am a new opengl programmer and using the tutorials here. But I encountered a problem with the blending. After using the blending in lesson08, I tried to add another quad, like this: glLoadIdentity(); glTranslatef(0.0f,0.0f,-4.0f); glBegin(GL_QUADS); glNormal3f(0.0f,0.0f,1.0f); glColor3f(1.0f,0.0f,1.0f); glVertex3f(1.0f,1.0f,0.0f); glVertex3f(1.0f,0.0f,0.0f); glVertex3f(0.0f,0.0f,0.0f); glVertex3f(-1.0f,1.0f,0.0f); glEnd(); The funny thing is the colors are just mixed up while the lighting is on, when off, the quad above does not have the color I specified. I really couldnot understand the problem. (Nothing to do with the blending actually, ''cause blending is always turned off) Thanks, Greetings, and have fun! Alp Y. DM/RS-GIS Modeller Computer Programmer
Greetings, and have fun!Alp Y. DM/RS-GIS ModellerComputer Programmer
Advertisement
Umm... I didn''t really get the problem but this might help some:
recent thread
---GUI Programming Division Manager at Wildfire Gamesworking on the 0 A.D. project
Thanks Gee,

I later found out he problem, you may call me crazy but I am working with a S3VGA card with 1 MB, that''s why the colors appears so weird. I tried with other tutorials, and found out when I import textures, the colors of quads just go weird.

I hope this is the REAL problem.

See YA

Greetings, and have fun!

Alp Y.
DM/RS-GIS Modeller
Computer Programmer
Greetings, and have fun!Alp Y. DM/RS-GIS ModellerComputer Programmer

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement