Is C(++) Copywrited?

Started by
17 comments, last by giant 21 years, 8 months ago
Hi. Im not to sure if I am in the correct board with this post, but none of them seemed to fit, so this seemed as good as any. My question is, does someone have a copywrite on the syntax etc of C\C++. The reason I ask is that I am writing a scripting engine which is now almost complete, and the systax is 100% compatible with C++. loops/functions etc.... are all declared and called the same, In fact almost everything is the same. I was just curious if I am infringing on any copywrite by doing this, as I plan to release some programs with the scripting engine for game programming, (ie. you can script a simple game without needing to know about graphics, just the game functionality) Thanks Giant "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I''m not sure about the former." --Albert Einstein
Advertisement
Nope.
---START GEEK CODE BLOCK---GCS/M/S dpu s:+ a---- C++ UL(+) P(++) L+(+) E--- W++ N+ o K w(--) !O !M !V PS- PE+Y+ PGP+ t 5 X-- R tv+ b+ DI+ D G e* h! r-- !x ---END GEEK CODE BLOCK---
This may sound pedantic but it''s copyRIGHT...
You can''t copyright syntax.

[ MSVC Fixes | STL | SDL | Game AI | Sockets | C++ Faq Lite | Boost | Asking Questions | Organising code files | My stuff ]
FORTRAN and Perl are copyrighted, but curiously enough, nobody wants to build a new language upon their syntax...

just a joke
You better be joking Perl is an excellent language and is well worth learning. If C++ is a scapel then Perl would be a big ugly swiss army knife. Its a definate must learn language.
quote:Raskolnikov wrote:
...a big ugly </b> swiss army knife.

Have something against swiss quality products??

[edited by - LordLethis on August 12, 2002 4:04:46 PM]
[My Lousy Page | Kings Of Chaos | Vampires | [email=lordlethis@hotmail.com]email.me[/email]]
I thought swiss army knives were 3'' long! That isn''t big is it?
---START GEEK CODE BLOCK---GCS/M/S dpu s:+ a---- C++ UL(+) P(++) L+(+) E--- W++ N+ o K w(--) !O !M !V PS- PE+Y+ PGP+ t 5 X-- R tv+ b+ DI+ D G e* h! r-- !x ---END GEEK CODE BLOCK---
quote:Original post by Andrew Nguyen
I thought swiss army knives were 3'' long! That isn''t big is it?

I hope you mean 3" long (which is 12 times smaller), otherwise it would be one heck of a big swiss army knife

Kippesoep
If C++ is a scalpel, Perl is a spatula that some idiot decided, for no apparent reason, to sharpen to a razor edge and use as a knife. Later, they added a spoon to the handle, but you can''t use it without cutting your hand on the blade.

*** 500 ERROR ***

Don''t listen to me. I''ve had too much coffee.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement