Original Post
Hi everyone. This question is directed to those of you with flight model programming experience for flight simulation (so most likely an experienced veteran). I''m not looking for opinions on the matter so much, but everyone is of course welcome to share them, and maybe they''ll help me too.
I have in mind 2 ways that I could program a flight model. I could use standard aerodynamic and physics equations to solve for values such as lift, drag, differential pressure, AOA, etc. and use minimal input values for specific aircraft, such as Cl, %chord and weight. OR I could use large data tables of this information and create a flight model almost solely through interpolation of the values. This would somewhat limit the scope of the model though, as would the other method. My question is, how do the pros do it? What are the standard methods in commercial simulation? Feel free to get as technical as you''d like. I''d like to know before I start coding how authentic the sim should be, or inversely, how much I can cheat...and have it still "feel" authentic. Thanks a lot to anyone who can help, I know this question sucks. Later! If you want to talk through email mine is y2kiah@hotmail.com