designers look here

Started by
7 comments, last by TGM 21 years, 8 months ago
Hi, I''m a beginning game designer. I did some simple 2d projects before but I want to start something bigger. I''m looking for a game designer who has at least some experience, and is willing to help me start. I''m not looking for someone to hold my hand, but someone who can judge the work I''ve done so far and work out the basics before anything serious can start. Because that seems to be the biggest problem nowadays, that people jump in too quickly. I wouldn''t bother you if I didn''t think my material had potential. So if you want to help out, or have any questions, please reply to this topic.
Advertisement
How about simply posting what you''ve done or providing a link, then others can evaluate it? I''m not sure that anyone''s going to be willing to sit down and mentor you.
I was thinking more of a cooperation with someone more experienced. Don''t get me wrong, I have plenty of experience, but I want to become more professional.

And I''ve put way to much time and effort into my work to just let everyone see it.

btw my email is exisen@hotmail.com
what would you have to offer someone more experienced? If you mean experienced as in "professional" you may have difficulties finding someone, as most game designers I know suffer from a permanent lack of free time... But I suppose if you had an interesting cooperation to offer you might find someone.
Well, Depending on what you mean by "expierenced" I may be able to help you out.

Don''t have a job yet, but I am looking for one.
I don''t mean a profesional, I just mean someone who has had something more than some 2d games behind his name.
quote:Original post by TGM
And I''ve put way to much time and effort into my work to just let everyone see it.

Eh? If you''re not going to show it to everyone, then why''d you bother with all that time and effort?

Don''t worry, I think I see what you''re saying... Either, you''re thinking that people are going to steal your stuff. Or, you''re thinking that people are going to laugh at it.

If the first, don''t worry about it. You''re a beginner, in 2d - chances are, whatever you''ve come up with won''t be groundbreakingly original (and that''s *not* an attempt to criticise, it''s blatant fact). Most of the people here are working on their own projects anyway, so why would they want other stuff?

If the second: there''s not much that can be done to avoid that. But take a look at some of the other stuff on this board: do we usually come across as flame-throwing bringers of pride-killing evil? The people on these boards fall into two categories: beginners (like yourself), who will more than likely identify with you - and professionals, who (a)were beginners one time, and (b)are (usually ;] ) mature enough to provide *constructive* criticism, if any.

Seriously, show us what you got! If you''re looking to get into the *big* stuff, I''m guessing you''re seriously about making games - and the industry is not one in which you can afford to be cagey or afraid of taking risks (as no doubt, people here can testify).

Go on, take a leap of faith!

Superpig
- saving pigs from untimely fates
- sleeps in a ham-mock at www.thebinaryrefinery.cjb.net

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

This isn''t really on-topic for the forum and is likely to just cause arguments, so I''m closing it. Perhaps the original poster would like to ask a more detailed question, or post in the Help Wanted forum?

[ MSVC Fixes | STL | SDL | Game AI | Sockets | C++ Faq Lite | Boost | Asking Questions | Organising code files | My stuff ]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement