MIDI problem

Started by
4 comments, last by lakibuk 21 years, 8 months ago
Some of my .mid files aren''t played right with sound tools. But they are played correct in winamp & media player. Why so?
Karl - Blueskied Games | my german site: Gratis Spiele
Advertisement
If you send them to me (theloves@chariot.net.au) I can have a look at them and see if anything's wrong with the files. Or post a link so other people can look at it too. Other useful info would include how you made the MIDI or where you got it from.

[edited by - AndyMan on August 18, 2002 6:14:14 AM]
Thanks for offering help.
I think my soundcard got a driver problem with win2000.
Even the DirectMusic Midi tutorial fails.
And cooledit can't play them right,too.
It's with any kind of midis,tried some from the web.

If you like take a look at my game and hear if the music works on your pc:
Fruits

I wonder why the midis play in winamp & internet explorer - different playing routine?

[edited by - lakibuk on August 18, 2002 10:52:22 AM]
That''s the same game as I downloaded last year! A good game, and it took me a long time to finish, some of the rooms requiring lots of tries at slow speed.

The music sounds fine for me, in fact it didn''t even sound like MIDI. The .zip there didn''t have any files in it except the .exe and the readme.

I just had another look and the modification date is 19 May 01. Did you put the wrong link up, or have you had this problem with the Frozen Fruits music for a year?

Email me the midis themselves (rather than the whole game they''re in), or post a link, and I can have a look. I do quite a bit of MIDI hackery.
Yes the problem probably is there since the beginning. But i noticed it recently as buying a new soundcard after switching to win2k. :-(
I just downloaded your frozen fruits game and it looks awesome. The sound works perfectly. I am starting to program and dont quite have any games under my belt yet but i cant wait to make a game that looks half as good as that does. keep up the good work!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement