OpenGL with DirectDraw?

Started by
3 comments, last by MetaKnight 21 years, 8 months ago
OpenGL with DirectDraw? Is this posible? Im trying to do it right now, but the direct Draw picture keeps flickering all weridly. Can anyone solve this engima?
Advertisement
The only way I''ve heard of this being accopmlished successfully is if you use two seperate DLLs. One for DX, the other for OGL.

Besides making yourself proud, why would you want to run the two simultaneously??

"With my feet upon the ground I lose myself between the sounds and open wide to suck it in, I feel it move across my skin. I''m reaching up and reaching out. I''m reaching for the random or what ever will bewilder me, what ever will bewilder me. And following our will and wind we may just go where no one''s been. We''ll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one''s been." - Maynard James Keenan [TheBlackJester ]
[Wildfire Studios ]

"With my feet upon the ground I lose myself between the sounds and open wide to suck it in, I feel it move across my skin. I'm reaching up and reaching out. I'm reaching for the random or what ever will bewilder me, what ever will bewilder me. And following our will and wind we may just go where no one's been. We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been." - Maynard James Keenan Name: [email=darkswordtbj@hotmail.com]TheBlackJester[/email]Team: Wildfire Games
Projects O A.D.The Last Alliance

First of all, your question can be caused by a number of problems, and unless we get a more specific explanation we can''t help you. Secondly (this is to the second person): he''s talking about DirectDraw, not Direct3D (the mixture of the two is supported on some video cards). Which brings me to my next point: as some videocards support the mixture of ddraw and OpenGL, some don''t, so to maintain maximum compatibility across systems, its best to not use DirectDraw in conjunction with OpenGL.
Oh well i seem to have some of the things fixed now, but i have one problem . I got the Direct Draw surface on a DC and the Open GL on the DC, but the opengl one is double buffer, and when i so SWAPBUFFERS(g_HDC), it makes the DDRAW thing flicker
any help?
Before this thread gets any further... Why exactly do you want to use OpenGL with DirectDraw (I''m assuming you mean that you want to use them both at the same time, from the way you worded your question).

So, before we go into technicalities, WHY do you need to use both at once?

Trent(ShiningKnight)
trent@voxelsoft.com
The Official Site of All True Programmers

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement