OpenGL Game Programming

Started by
7 comments, last by Kyo 21 years, 7 months ago
I was wondering what can I learn from this book that I can''t from the internet? I''m not sure whether it''s worth £60 with the amount of tutorials on the internet but on the other hand it would give me a good structured way of learning OpenGL rather then putting together bits and pieces from different tutorials.. How did everone else learn OpenGL?
Advertisement
I personally think that books are worth spending the money on, assuming that you will actually read them
Tutorials are a much needed supplament to books, but like you''ve pointed out - they are all just random bits and pieces of information and to really understand and learn OpenGL you need to read a few good OpenGL books and having a OpenGL reference book can''t hurt either.

My $0.02

TommyB
g7tommyB
The book rocks. If you want more info, read the review on Amazon, here on Gamedev, and visit the book's subsite.

Peace,
ZE.

P.S. I learned 90% of what I know about OpenGL from this book and NeHe.

//email me.//zealouselixir software.//msdn.//n00biez.//
miscellaneous links

[edited by - zealouselixir on September 1, 2002 4:17:27 PM]

[twitter]warrenm[/twitter]

The Book Rocks worth any peny
The book covers alot from the begining to Intemediate
Also I believe that most people spend more time searching for tuturials on the net that reading them
I like OpenGL Game Programming and I think it is definitely worth it. I have been trying to read NeHe''s tutorials as well but the code in the book is written differently than NeHe''s. However it is all fundamentally the same.
What do you mean ''Someday become a programmer?'' I'm a programmer right now!
Yah, getting a book on any topic is the best way of doing things. The internet is a mess, you can spend hours hurting your eyes staring at a screen looking for information but its simple to read through a book, where you know its written by an expert who has done all the online gathering for you. peace
cha cha cha
Your correct in being suspicious of forking out a lot of cash for any programming book, but in this case: Yes, the book rocks. The Chapter on game engine design is worth half the cover price. I sometimes meditate over the SimpEngine diagram for inspiration and enlightenment. "Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm"
I''m thinking about getting into OpenGL too...

Mindgamez Entertainment
From the info that i have readed i can say that to book''s really good.Thoose people really know what are they doing.

The pain is coming...this sommer!!!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement