Dev C++, good?

Started by
4 comments, last by masterconjurer 21 years, 7 months ago
I was pondering if anyone knew if Dev C++ would be a good compiler for C++
Advertisement
yes, g++ is a good compiler.
Well Dev-C++ is not exactly a compiler, it is instead a very good interface for you to code in, with many lazy functions and the like it is almost perfect.

As for the compiler, it uses a very good compiler that I''m sure will suffice for most things.
-----------------------------Final Frontier Trader
The DevC++ IDE is worth taking a good look. I bought the Borland C++ IDE years ago and had to realize that it didn''t really suit my needs in every case. Some time ago I tried DevC++ and I think it is the best non commercial program in the net.

Best thing to do is try it and judge yourself...
Dev-C++ might be okay if it weren''t so buggy. I installed it today since I''d heard lots of good about it. I couldn''t play around long until it started throwing "Index out of bounds" error on screen so that I had to close the program :/.

But I was satistied with it''s speed and simplicity. The class creation tool was okay, as well as the ''new member variable/function'' tools. I had to use too much mouse though, which I''d prefer not to do. It''s code completition tool for some reason showed some of the members twice..

Anyway, I''d probably use it if it didn''t crash.

Having used VC.NET, VC++ 6.0 and Dev-C++ I can safely say that C++ IDEs are still *far* from the greatness of Java IDEs (especially IntelliJ IDEA)
Yes, IntelliJ IDEA is the greatest IDE known to man.

dMDI

"I don''''t know with what weapons the third world war will be fought, but I know the fourth will be fought with sticks and stones." Einstein
"I don''t know with what weapons the third world war will be fought, but I know the fourth will be fought with sticks and stones." Einstein

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement