How can I make DirectX apps in VC++ 5.0?

Started by
5 comments, last by ZeN 24 years ago
Well, the subject''s basically the question, except I also wanna know if I have to D/L a friggen 128mb file? -ZeN
-ZeN
Advertisement
If you don''t have the Directx SDK, you have a few options.

-Download it from microsoft.com
-Order it from microsoft for s+h
-Buy a book with the sdk on the CD

Mike
"Unintentional death of one civilian by the US is a tragedy; intentional slaughter of a million by Saddam - a statistic." - Unknown
There is one file containing libraries and headers only (which is not that big) and then one with all the documentation. They are under 10 MB (~7, I think) all together. You''re only missing out on the examples...but it''s quite sufficent to develop everything.

"Paranoia is the belief in a hidden order behind the visible." - Anonymous

I''m not too crazy over books, or else I''d have it I guess, but it sounds like I''ll just get the required files only. Any idea where to get ''em? Microsoft maybe? I''m checking, so...I''ll post something if I find ''em...

-ZeN
-ZeN
not to rile anybody up, but what''s wrong with the books? it''s handy to have when coding so you don''t have to change windows whenever you look up a function. and you won''t fry yer eyes when reading up on "how to" stuff. anyway, my thoughts.

a2k

void main()
{
glRun(quake);
getuserinput();
display();
}
------------------General Equation, this is Private Function reporting for duty, sir!a2k
I found the DirectX libraries along with the DirectX docs if anyone needs them. The libraries weigh in at 1,381 Kb and the docs are 5,441 Kb. Total is around 6.7Mb. Thanx for talling me about these. If you didn''t, knowing me, I''d probably D/L that 128Mb file on my 56.6k!!
-ZeN
Don''t get me wrong, books rule to be honest. You can get information easily from them. Also the eyestrain you mentioned from looking at a monitor forever. Solution: Print! hehe

-ZeN (I really need to make that my signature )
-ZeN

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement