what should i do for this????

Started by
3 comments, last by bonkhead007 21 years, 7 months ago
hi technocrats I have included all header files, added the necesssary library files in lib directory and the necessary dll''s in the Windows system folder , but still i am getting the following error message while linking. I even included the necessary library files in the settings. LIBCD.lib(crt0.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _main Debug/Lesson1.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals Error executing link.exe. what should i do now? I am breaking my head over this for the past 2 days!!
Advertisement
you made the wrong project type. Windows is looking for a main() function. This means you created a win32 console application. Most likely your application doesn''t contain a main function but a winmain. If your application has a winmain() function then you need to create a win32 application, not a win32 console application. You can fix this problem by creating a new project of the correct type.
you either haven't written a void main() function or aren't compiling the file that contains it. [EDIT: also...what AP said ]

-me

[edited by - Palidine on September 16, 2002 1:18:01 PM]
thank u guys!!
I made the mistake of saving it as win32 console application instead of win32 appln!!
Thank u very much!!
But if it was the main() wouldn''t it spit out "Undefined Reference to _main()"?

~phate----For My next trick I need a lesbian and a burlap sack!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement