help , is there a way to fix "'far' is an obsolite keyword"...

Started by
6 comments, last by FlamingDragon 21 years, 6 months ago
Hi, I need help with MS Visual c++ 6. I was wondering if there is way to fix the error " 'far' is an obsolite keyword. ". I have downloaded loads of vga and svga libraries and they all have the keyword 'far' in them and I want to use them. If you can tell me how to fix this, it would be greatly appreciated. Thx. [edited by - FlamingDragon on September 30, 2002 8:51:14 PM]
Advertisement
Looks like you have picked up some 16 bit code. Any address is FAR by default in Win32. You will need a 16 bit compiler.
Ok great. But the problem is ive been looking for compilers and havent found any. If you could please make sugestions that would be great.

thx.
If you really want to write 16 bit code (and I would strongly recommend against it), one options is Borland Turbo C 2.01.
ReactOS - an Open-source operating system compatible with Windows NT apps and drivers
#ifndef FAR
#define FAR
#endif

All depends on whether the code has hacky pointer manipulation...

[edited by - RobTheBloke on September 30, 2002 9:00:47 PM]
Thx a bunch. Im going to use directx for my games after i learn a little bit more =). I just want to try vga.
Im only 12 so i just started reading about functions in my book about a week ago so i want to see what i can doo with vga in my games. And again thanks a bunch.
Thx RobTheBloke i try and see if it works.
Yes! It works. thx again RobTheBloke.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement