please help me

Started by
9 comments, last by Muncher 21 years, 6 months ago
I really need to know what a "double binary tree" is. Does anyone know of examples, links, anything??? ta Muncher
Advertisement
Visited google lately? double binary tree

"Beautiful maiden," answered Candide, "when a man is in love, is jealous, and has been flogged by the Inquisition, he becomes lost to all reflection."
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." - the Laughing Man
Errrrrr, i tried that one already - it was the first search i performed!!! I''ve searched everywhere and this forum is my last hope.............................

He's right, it's all garbage. Find the definition of binary tree first, then imagine it doubled
Seriously, here's some creative search keywords.
"binary tree is"

"In a binary tree, there are always two children per node"

Is a double binary tree one with 4 children per node?

Let me know if you figure this out. I would love to know myself.

[edited by - Jiia on October 3, 2002 2:00:04 AM]
From what we know so far, a double binary tree seems to be a combination of two binary trees, ''compiled'' into 1.
It seems to do this by having 4 pointers to other nodes
(instead of two), A primary root and a secondary root - which can be the same or different.

I have i diagram here, but i do not know how to post pictures!

Muncher

You can check your library, but muncher has a picture.

(man, just had to say it, sorry )
Perhaps then "double binary tree" is a misnomer - not to say that such a beastie doesn''t exist - but that it''s called something else. "double" and "binary" do seem to be redundant terms. Looking through the index to Sedgewick''s "Algorithms" - I see no mention of "double binary trees" -> double hashing, doubly linked lists. The binary in binary trees has to do with the notion that each node has two child nodes - as far as the algorithm goes there''s nothing about it that is "binary as in digital" - by that I mean an algorithm is an abstraction - it can exist on paper just as easily as on disk.
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." - the Laughing Man
Perhaps, just like a double linked list, a double binary tree is one in which the child nodes maintain links (pointers) to their parents?
Can someone explain how to post a bitmap onto these forums, coz i''ve got a diagram of this beast!!
quote:Original post by Muncher
Can someone explain how to post a bitmap onto these forums, coz i''ve got a diagram of this beast!!

The forum accepts HTML tags, so just put this (without the extra spaces) :
< img="Image_URL" >

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement