DX5 to DX7 - do I lose RM?

Started by
2 comments, last by Bill Adams 24 years ago
If I install DirectX7 does it overlay DirectX5? I''d like to keep a D3DRM project alive for a while...
Advertisement
DirectX7 still supports Direct3DRM3, so you should be quite safe...

Don''t sue me :-)

Matt

Check out my project at: www.btinternet.com/~Matthew.Bennett
Soroy RM3 was introduced in DX6!

Anyway heres a snippet from DX7 docs:

Microsoft DirectX version 6.0 introduced the IDirect3DRM3 interface. IDirect3DRM3 supports all of the methods provided by the IDirect3DRM2 and IDirect3DRM interfaces and replaces these two older interfaces. It adds a flag parameter to IDirect3DRM2''s CreateDeviceFromSurface, and adds RegisterClient, UnregisterClient, and CreateClippedVisual methods to the methods IDirect3DRM2 provides. IDirect3DRM3 also adds the GetOptions and SetOptions methods to set and retrieve whether left-handed or right-handed geometry should be used.

IDirect3DRM3, like IDirect3DRM2, supports all the methods in IDirect3DRM. It adds the CreateProgressiveMesh method to the methods IDirect3DRM provides. The CreateDeviceFromSurface, CreateDeviceFromD3D, and CreateDeviceFromClipper methods all create a DIRECT3DRMDEVICE2 object with IDirect3DRM2 and a DIRECT3DRMDEVICE3 object with IDirect3DRM3. The CreateViewport method creates a viewport on a DirectDRMDevice2 object. The LoadTexture and LoadTextureFromResource methods load a Direct3DRMTexture2 object with IDirect3DRM2 and a Direct3DRMTexture3 object with IDirect3DRM3.

Bye

Matt

Check out my project at: www.btinternet.com/~Matthew.Bennett
Thanks, Matt, I''ll give it a try...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement