Writing Resources?

Started by
3 comments, last by fusionminds 21 years, 6 months ago
Hey, I want to start up creative writing and have a good solid foundation to build upon. The only problem is that I don''t have a creative flare to my writing. If you have any ideas, then they would be appreciated. Also, does anyone know a few writing resources? Thank you. - Adam
Advertisement
Read a lot. Write a lot. Oh, and if writing for games, game a lot.

This is the only way.

True -- and yet there are actually some very good resources for learning creative writing. The best thing you can do IMHO is take a creative writing class; I know they had them when I was in high school, and they have them at most colleges. Otherwise, there are many great books out there that do justice to the subject.

Brian Lacy
Smoking Monkey Studios

Comments? Questions? Curious?
brian@smoking-monkey.org

"I create. Therefore I am."
---------------------------Brian Lacy"I create. Therefore I am."
There are lots of books available on ''how to write for ***'', but I maintain that the only way to become a good writer is to read a lot, and write a lot. Sure, an academic background in writing or English literature helps, but I can honestly say that I learned much more about writing by actually doing it than by studying it.

By the way, I''ve worked for several years as a professional writer, so I''m not just talking out of my hat.

Some decent books on scriptwriting (writing for film or TV) have been suggested elsewhere in this forum, and those resources might be helpful particularly in teaching the style and format of writing for those media. Writing for games shares some similarities. But still, having the ''technical'' background in writing does not a writer make. There is that other elusive quality that only comes from a LOT of practice.

Write a lot, doesn''t really matter what you write as long as you write something

Hope it goes well for you!

//Daniel

http://www.writers-hub.tk

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement